Stephen Fry in America

Decky

Anyone else been following this series on BBC1? Its on again now, only started at 9. Very interesting series.

Yea been really good, bit of a whirlwind tour but some really interesting bits.

Guest elbee909

good prog but i'm annoyed at the cliche of his black cab.

He does drive one in 'real life', however - he has one of his own in the UK.

The thing that irritates me the most is the lost opportunity to wheel out a song that'd be the ideal theme tune for this series:

Shame the series isn't longer tbh. Some states have barely been commented on but still a gret series. Absolutely love stuff like this, Coast, Britain from Above etc etc. Its a shame they don't make more of it.

Shame the series isn't longer tbh. Some states have barely been commented on but still a gret series. Absolutely love stuff like this, Coast, Britain from Above etc etc. Its a shame they don't make more of it.

Always liked Billy Connelly's World Tour, similar kind of show to this one.

Always liked Billy Connelly's World Tour, similar kind of show to this one.

Precisely what I was thinking, I think Billy does this type of show best, but this series has been really good too.

Did he do one on Florida?  What was it like?

He does a different US region, covering several states each episode.

Florida was covered in the second episode and he described it as like going north even though he was going further south. He didn't really cover it too much. He went to Miami and didn't like it, thinking it was brash and tacky, although he liked the Art-Deco buildings of Miami Beach. He also enjoyed travelling through the Everglades on one of those Airboats.

Did he do one on Florida?  What was it like?

He does a different US region, covering several states each episode.

Florida was covered in the second episode and he described it as like going north even though he was going further south. He didn't really cover it too much. He went to Miami and didn't like it, thinking it was brash and tacky, although he liked the Art-Deco buildings of Miami Beach. He also enjoyed travelling through the Everglades on one of those Airboats.

Miami is such a shithole it's crazy.  Florida is a lot like England, long and skinny with a lot of different areas within it.  He could've done a whole series on Florida I'd reckon. 

Riding on airboats through the Everglades is quite an experience.

Guest Redcar Mag

Shame they've wasted so much footage on Vegas and brothels when they rushed through so many other states earlier in the series.

Guest Howaythetoon

Enjoyed this and Merton's one on India. I like both of them and I'd rather have those two or people like them doing such shows than your know it alls.

Enjoyed this and Merton's one on India. I like both of them and I'd rather have those two or people like them doing such shows than your know it alls.

Should watch Billy Connelly's if you havent already