Shola Out For Season - Oliver

Karjala

...along with Owen, and Martins injured for next 2 weeks... jeez things not looking good. We need to sign 3 decent strikers at Xmas, but how many transfer windows have we all been saying that?!

From the Chronicle, Monday:

"It's a fair bet that Michael Owen will not play again this season and neither will Shola Ameobi once he has an operation on his hip in the next couple of weeks."

Quotes from Roeder made last week regarding the number 23:

Shola's carrying this hip injury and it's a condition which isn't going to go away,. He's waiting for surgery and whether we can get him through to January is debatable.

"Hindsight's a beautiful thing and we went into the season probably not realising how much it had deteriorated. At the moment, he's not asking for the operation but the hip's becoming very stiff and achy and, to be honest, in the last few days, it's started to show."

Link to article

Guest nufcandy

...along with Owen, and Martins injured for next 2 weeks... jeez things not looking good. We need to sign 3 decent strikers at Xmas, but how many transfer windows have we all been saying that?!

where we gettin the money like?!

Guest thompers

Can I be the first to say.

FUCKING GET THE FUCK IN.

Aye it's fucking terrific that we're going to have to spend yet more money on strikers in January.

I agree. It finally means we'll be spending money to replace a poor player, despite the club being the only ones who seem unable to accept his shitness.

if only we had somone who could play up front already at the team.

ah yes we have, damien utility man duff. barn doors across the country are safe.

get luque starting you utter ballsup of a manager.

Guest MIKEL11

Dare i say it give luque a chance and i mean 10 full games at least and then if he is crap after that fair enough , ameobi has had about 4 seasons worth of chances and he is shiiiiiiiiit  bluelaugh.gif.

Guest MIKEL11

I know roeder would rather play the pope john paul instaed of luque but he cant do any worse than anybody else this season its not possible  bluebigrazz.gif.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

can i be the first in this to say, shame we dont have that chopra fella, scoring for fun in the championship, more than nugent who people are so happily accepting