Cover band songs

colinmk

Going to start up the cover band again to make some cash and for the general good banter. What songs do people most like seeing when they are out getting pissed? Has to be good songs that get people dancing. No keyboard player though.

Guest Heneage

Going to start up the cover band again to make some cash and for the general good banter. What songs do people most like seeing when they are out getting pissed? Has to be good songs that get people dancing. No keyboard player though.

Will you be taking requests like?

Will you be taking requests like?

No because usually all people ask for is sweet child of mine or acdc.

Might do seven nation army actually and the hardest button to button.

God i so wanna be in a band doing this sorta thing. :(

Obviously it depends on the audience, but when my former band had a set lined up one time, our setlist was Man Overboard by Blink 182, Song 2 by Blur, Buck Rogers by Feeder and Original Prankster by Offspring. Mainstream indie/pop-punk pappy stuff which i (and the respective audience) love, basically.

Alas, never got played. :(

All down to the audience as said.

Staying with the mention of the Offspring, I've seen a few bands cover The Kids Aren't Alright (a personal favourite of mine) and have got the crowd going.

All down to the audience as said.

Staying with the mention of the Offspring, I've seen a few bands cover The Kids Aren't Alright (a personal favourite of mine) and have got the crowd going.

:puke:  Worst band ever, with a cunt of singer..

• 2 weeks later...

Any decisions yet, Colin? :)

Aye so far we are playing :

KOL - Red morning light

J Cash - Folsom Prison blues

U2 - I will follow

White Stripes - hardest Button to button

Black keys- your touch

David Bowie - rebel rebel

Electric Six - Fire In The Disco

The Who - My generation

and a few others i can't remember right now. Just learning fairly easy songs right now because the lead guitarist has a broken wrist so we are a 3-piece at the moment. Once he's back we will start learning some  more adventurous ones. Sex on fire will have to be done.