CNN introduce guests as holograms

Happy Face

I saw a bit on election night. What's so wow about it? Just someone filmed in front of a green/blue screen and superimposed onto the set, right?

I thought the same Dave, if it is a hologram it would look very impressive in person, but on TV it just looks like average bluescreen work.

I saw a bit on election night. What's so wow about it? Just someone filmed in front of a green/blue screen and superimposed onto the set, right?

I thought the same Dave, if it is a hologram it would look very impressive in person, but on TV it just looks like average bluescreen work.

They used more than one camera for a statelite link up man.  you could see his back and everything.  This is revolutionary. 

Or it might be an even more desparate gimmick than the poll tracker used during the debates, to try and claw back some of the audience that's been leaving them in droves for Fox or MSNBC.

They introduced it on election night, they had a holographic whitehouse that was meant to be some sort of visual aid and it fucked up on the first go.

Can they see it in the studio? Is it a real hologram? I thought it was just bluescreen trickery.

They introduced it on election night, they had a holographic whitehouse that was meant to be some sort of visual aid and it fucked up on the first go.

Can they see it in the studio? Is it a real hologram? I thought it was just bluescreen trickery.

Dont think they can, the presenter says "lets see if we can beam him into the studio" a second or 2 after he is already there.

Is the white bloke the hologram?

I was gonna say, he does look like he isnt really there :lol:

BTW anytime we see American news on our TVs the quality is always really poor compared to Sky, BBC etc, why is that?

BTW anytime we see American news on our TVs the quality is always really poor compared to Sky, BBC etc, why is that?

I was joking but he does look like a fake cunt.

Aye, why does american footage always look shit over here?

I was joking but he does look like a fake cunt.

Aye, why does american footage always look shit over here?

PAL which we use versus NTSC which America uses: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/PALvsNTSC/PALvsNTSC.asp

They used more than one camera for a statelite link up man.  you could see his back and everything.  This is revolutionary. 

Or it might be an even more desparate gimmick than the poll tracker used during the debates, to try and claw back some of the audience that's been leaving them in droves for Fox or MSNBC.

It was a massive gimmick, but the goal is always to draw attention. Everyone was talking about it, which was the point. Every network was throwing the kitchen sink at viewers on election night with some of the fanciest tech anyone's ever seen, and CNN simply went further than anyone else, regardless of whether it was cool or silly.

Also, nothing desperate about CNN, ratings just came in for election night, CNN not only was by far the highest rated cable broadcast, it was the highest rated network period-beating out ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, Fox News and MSNBC. For the news guys, this is their Super Bowl, their Olympics, their Oscars, the biggest, most important night in 4 years. People have turned away from the traditional networks as being too old and not comprehensive enough, and the majority are turning away from Fox News and MSNBC as being too extremely conservative or liberal, leaving CNN as the clear winner as the "trusted" center and "voice of reason."