What is it with young lads these days..

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

So I was talking to my cousin tonight on the phone as were playing football in a couple days and hes off to Kanye West, so I just rang to chat. Only to find out he can't play Friday cos he has a broken nose. When I asked how, "It was on a night out". Now I thought right hes had a few brews got cocky and got a clout, hes family I love him but he can be a wind up.

So I said "What happened fight like?" He said "No no not at all, I was out I'd had maybe 2 beers and I saw a girl I used to work with, she saw me too said hello so I went over and we began chatting just about what I'd been up to since leaving, then out of nowhere a lad comes up (Her boyfriend) and he just clean outright clocks me across the face, I wasn't flirting our even like touching her was totally unprovoked the guys a nutter."

Now as much as my Mum thought that was crazy and never happened on nights out, I wasn't nearly as surprised I'm not saying he was in the wrong the guys a nutter and will get whats coming to him but, I was with a mates in town and one lad was plastered, like couldn't tell you his name and he was just on the dance floor standing like moving and staring into space. This guy thought he was looking at him and starts pointing and telling him to fuck off and he comes over and that. Now I went over when he'd moved away and said "Mate hes off his face hes not looking at you don't worry he's harmless like I said hes plastered." Expecting a response of "Oh ok then no problem" I got "Listen you cunt, either you and the paki get out this fucking bar or I'm going to rip both your jaws off." To which I responded with "What sorry?" he said "You fucking heard me now shift". Now the guy was literally a twig maybe had an inch in height, but I'm sure had it come to blows I'd have handled myself.

But it just shocks me that like people are willing to fight, I was nowt but polite and explained the problem, why is it every lad it seems nowadays wants to fight and throw punches for no good reason.

Had basically exactly the same happen to me a few months ago. Talking to a lass in Basement, when some guy comes over, said something I couldn't here, so I just said "What?", he then punched and floored me, then kicked me on the ground a few times.

I was quite badly mortal at the time, hence the easy floor, but in no way whatsoever was I out of line.

Happens everywhere man, just insecure arseholes who have nout better to do with there lives, i used to work with a lad who thought the aim of going out every Friday and 'chinning' someone was fun.

Pricks.

The worrying thing about bother like this (and I've been the victim of it myself in the past) is that they're clearly not bothered about their own welfare because they're getting into it in the first place. So they obviously don't care about their victim's welfare. What's to stop them punching/kicking someone to death?

seemed worse when i started going down town (1983) got worse for a few years then died off. unfortunatly the last year or two fighting seems to be making a comeback

Sounds like you are responsible, stay in and make the world a safer place.

The worrying thing about bother like this (and I've been the victim of it myself in the past) is that they're clearly not bothered about their own welfare because they're getting into it in the first place. So they obviously don't care about their victim's welfare. What's to stop them punching/kicking someone to death?

nothing as so regularly happens. even through the day recently i've seen lads grabbing bottle ready for a fight....alcahol plays a large part in all this (loss of inhibition etc)

It happens aswell too much aswell...

Not intentionally all the time though, one punch>drop to the pavement>crack head is all it takes unfortunately....

What really gets to me is Glassing, just why the fuck would you do it?  :undecided: Some mentallity these people have.

Happens everywhere man, just insecure arseholes who have nout better to do with there lives, i used to work with a lad who thought the aim of going out every Friday and 'chinning' someone was fun.

Pricks.

Really hate those sort. Saw a lad on Friday who I hadn't saw for 4 years or so, used to go to primary with him. Not more than two minutes into saying hello he showed me a cut on his head of where someone punched him the night before. One of his pals came over, "Jack, you going to be kicking off again tonight", "Fuck kna's, few drinks man, get me fucking sorted" (Paraphrasing here). I just had my tab and went back into the pub, tried to avoid the lad for the rest of the time there as I just really despise those type of people. Utter scum.

Not intentionally all the time though, one punch>drop to the pavement>crack head is all it takes unfortunately....

What really gets to me is Glassing, just why the fuck would you do it?  :undecided: Some mentallity these people have.

When I worked at the Arena Rock Night, my best mate refused to serve someone (can't remember why) and he went ballistic, the bouncers had to come and remove him and he was threatening my mate, telling him he'd get him outside. He went away, came back later on with a pint (we only served plastic) and glassed someone outside. To say my mate was terrified when walking to his car is an understatement.

Never really had any serious bother here. Some very drunk pushing maybe..

But if you go to some smaller towns in Finland and they realise you're not from there but from the capital you're in for some trouble. That sort of stuff I've had a few times.

What really gets to me is Glassing, just why the f*** would you do it?  :undecided: Some mentallity these people have.

When I worked at the Arena Rock Night, my best mate refused to serve someone (can't remember why) and he went ballistic, the bouncers had to come and remove him and he was threatening my mate, telling him he'd get him outside. He went away, came back later on with a pint (we only served plastic) and glassed someone outside. To say my mate was terrified when walking to his car is an understatement.

glassed someone with a plastic pint ?

What really gets to me is Glassing, just why the f*** would you do it?  :undecided: Some mentallity these people have.

glassed someone with a plastic pint ?

Aye, they're sharp them buggers.

No man, he went away into town and came back.

Saw this earlier btw: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7713473.stm

It can't be just me that thinks that the idea of concurrent sentencing is absolutely ridiculous.

there is no problem with concurrent sentencing (if they gave  terms of 25 years concurrent no-one would argue), it is the time spent inside that is the problem,not wether it is concurrent or not.

If you stab three people, there's no way you should serve the same sentence as if you'd just stabbed the one.

Saw this earlier btw: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7713473.stm

It can't be just me that thinks that the idea of concurrent sentencing is absolutely ridiculous.

there is no problem with concurrent sentencing (if they gave  terms of 25 years concurrent no-one would argue), it is the time spent inside that is the problem,not wether it is concurrent or not.

If you stab three people, there's no way you should serve the same sentence as if you'd just stabbed the one.

i agree,would you complain if he was sentenced to 3 lots of 25 to be served concurrently ?

Guest Heneage

"Barton in Nixon cousin assault"

:lol: My uncle reckoned it was a Mag, despite having no evidence.

I know fights have always happened I get that, but it just seems blokes these days are more willing or easier to raise fists.

I saw one fight break out in the street a few weeks back, a guy got clobbered in the side of the head and was staggering the kind of staggering i'd seen before when my Dog got kicked in the head by a horse (He survived). I rang ambulance and spoke to the police. Then some women recognised him, and then were telling me to go away I was like "Err he'd potentially have died if it weren't for me he was going to go home and "Sleep it off". Although I felt well hard (figurative and literaly) when one asked which Door i worked on cos I was dressed smart.  :lol: