Best 2D game

La Parka

Nintendo made tons of good ones.

Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Pokemon Red/Blue.

Then there are plenty of classics from others such as:

Sonic II, Donkey Kong Country Trilogy, Street Fighter II etc.

Does Champ Manager 96/97 count? I almost failed my GCSE coursework because of that fucking game...

Worms, Sensi, Street Fighter 2, Mario 3, Golden Axe, R-Type (I think that's what it was called...)

Some of these are 3D but the 3D thread is about games after the playstation era, so here is my top old console list:

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy 5

Final Fantasy 6

Secret of Mana

Tales of Phantasia

Donkey Kong Country 1-3

Super Mario World

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

Seiken Densetsu 3

Super Castelvania 4

Super Mario RPG

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (if not only for the name)

Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI are to this day still two of the finest games ever made.

Chrono Cross is a really good game too (one of the very few to get a perfect 10 on gamespot) just a shame that so few have actually played it.

God theres loads, first thing that springs to mind for me though is the Donkey Kong Country series. I played a lot of Mario 1, 3, and World (never got into 2 that much). Aladdin on the Mega Drive was good. Fifa 95 with the fouls off  :snod:

Theres loads of other games that I played before though like Bubble Bobble, Fantasy World Dizzy, New Zealand Story, Rainbow Island, Disc. Chuck Rock  :lol:

Guest cfhpantera27

Super Mario World, one of the first games i remember making sure i played till i finished it (also remember thinking the graphics were unreal! lol)