Blyth

madras

GAN ON SPARTANS.

30 years on from jackie marks,steve carney,alan shoulder,dave varty et al they are at it again  :thup:

on the minus side i sat and watched the tawdry advert that is the premiership waiting for the highpoint of the lower and non-laegue teams getting their moment........to find it was on ITV and i've missed it.........BUGGER! :dave:

Think its repeated tomorrow lunchtime on ITV.

Cracking result against a good team, Shrewsbury are fancied for promotion this season.  Hopefully Blyth will get rewarded with a winnable home tie now and get into round 3.

I remember him, he was a hard man, had him for tech drawing and he once used a 2 foot ruler on the whole class, for making too much noise while he was out, he even stopped for a rest half way thru, to make sure the lads at the back got the same as the ones at the front, if I remember right he put a bus on from school to the Wrexham away tie.

Guest Geordiesned

It was a cracking performance and result by Blyth yesterday. I confess I don't know any of the Blyth player's names (apart from assistant boss Fenton) but one of the centre backs had an absolute stormer. It would be great if they could get Leeds (if they win their replay) in the next round.

Guest Geordiesned

Starting on ITV now - Havant match doesn't start until 2pm so likely to be goals from yesterday again. Draw is at 1:45pm.

Pretty s*** draw for them really.

It's kind of in the middle of the two dream scenarios:

- Getting a home draw against someone crap

or

- Getting an away draw against a big club for good revenue

Whereas they have an away draw against a mediocre to crap team.  :no:

Cried me eyes oot at stjames when beat off Wrexham just hope they can get in to 3rd round ,good luck lads you will need it .

That match was my first ever proper football match

That sort of game is what football is all about imho ,every emotion and that is a game i will never forget .The Carney brothers were freinds of mine so this had a more personal connection for me .Gone are the days when the Shoulder,Waddle ,Carneys of this world are given a chance and it is a sad indiciment of our game that no manager in the top flight takes a chance of there ilk (maybe poorer teams do but cannot remember ) get a chance nowadays with all these over paid premaddonas .

Cried me eyes oot at stjames when beat off Wrexham just hope they can get in to 3rd round ,good luck lads you will need it .

That match was my first ever proper football match

That sort of game is what football is all about imho ,every emotion and that is a game i will never forget .The Carney brothers were freinds of mine so this had a more personal connection for me .Gone are the days when the Shoulder,Waddle ,Carneys of this world are given a chance and it is a sad indiciment of our game that no manager in the top flight takes a chance of there ilk (maybe poorer teams do but cannot remember ) get a chance nowadays with all these over paid premaddonas .

To be fair, the reason they're not being given a chance is because they're not very good.

Nowadays, if you're not living in some jungle village in Africa or something and you haven't been picked up by a professional club in some form by age 18, you're probably not good enough and that's it. (I suppose there are a tiny, tiny number of exceptions, like Klose.)

With the improved information capability/scouting, the whole "diamond in the rough" thing just doesn't happen anymore.

Guest Geordiesned

The Bournemouth tie is live on Setanta on Saturday 29th November 5:30pm.

Looks like it's straight to the pub when I get back from Boro!