University.

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Did you do it Tccambs? Im pondering a change for third year, as realistically, i've got "Friends" on my course, but like meh they aren't really as fun as id expected.

Did you do it Tccambs? Im pondering a change for third year, as realistically, i've got "Friends" on my course, but like meh they aren't really as fun as id expected.

Should probably concentrate on your final year than swap Uni's in the final year to find people more 'fun'. Really couldn't give a fuk about the people on my course as long as they shut the fuk up and let me learn.

Big distraction and upheaval for what really?  ???

But up to you and good luck with your decision.

Should probably concentrate on your final year than swap Uni's in the final year to find people more 'fun'. Really couldn't give a fuk about the people on my course as long as they shut the fuk up and let me learn.

Big distraction and upheaval for what really?  ???

But up to you and good luck with your decision.

Sound advice there. :snod:

Seems a bit pointless, especially if it's your last year. If friends on your course are a problem, why can't/haven't you made friends who are doing other courses?

Also, why are you asking us this and not your uni?

Guest Heneage

Ok to answer the question Toons Taylor.

I'm only 2nd year now, I'm just looking ahead and feeling my way out.

And RM, I just thought I would get the experiences of others, I have raised the possibility with my lecturer but as he didn't do it I thought I would chuck it out here. Its not that I don't have Friends I do both in and out of Uni, but I dunno I get bored of monotony, I was just chucking feelers out really, nothings set in stone. But thanks for all you guys advice and kind words its all duly respected and appreciated.  :thup: :clap:

And RM, I just thought I would get the experiences of others, I have raised the possibility with my lecturer but as he didn't do it I thought I would chuck it out here. Its not that I don't have Friends I do both in and out of Uni, but I dunno I get bored of monotony, I was just chucking feelers out really, nothings set in stone. But thanks for all you guys advice and kind words its all duly respected and appreciated.  :thup: :clap:

I'd had guessed you were in your 2nd year and answering as such for a change for next and final.

You didn't actually answer any question tbh.

You get bored of monotony? We all do, sorry but this just sounds fuked up and pretentious.  :crazy2: Kind of look at me, i'm greater than all in my class, i've had enough i need more.

PS: Your lecturer must be thinking you are a right wally if you put it to him like you have on here.  :lol:

PPS: I'm not trying to be a twat about this, it's just i've read your reply several times and cannot take it any other way than i have. I might be missing something, not for the 1st time.  :thup:

Guest Heneage

I'd had guessed you were in your 2nd year and answering as such for a change for next and final.

You didn't actually answer any question tbh.

You get bored of monotony? We all do, sorry but this just sounds fuked up and pretentious.  :crazy2: Kind of look at me, i'm greater than all in my class, i've had enough i need more.

PS: Your lecturer must be thinking you are a right wally if you put it to him like you have on here.  :lol:

PPS: I'm not trying to be a t*** about this, it's just i've read your reply several times and cannot take it any other way than i have. I might be missing something, not for the 1st time.  :thup:

No no no hang on. I don't think i'm better than my class anything like that. But honestly, I have never truly settled at the Uni, I rarely am there longer than needs be, and don't have much sort of passion for going or being there, like i'm up tomorrow for 9 and really I can't be arsed, my attendance has been very average this year, due to my lack of care for it, and I dunno, a mate of mines at Leeds, and having hung out with him and his mates those are the type of people I want to hang around with. The ones I have now are all like "Oh you should come out more" but are so unhelpful in my lack of bed situation  :crazy2: 

And I didn't bring it up like that with my lecturer :lol: I had spoke to him in first year about it, citing reasons of wanting to get further away from home to do it, but obviously the situation with my Mum stopped me doing that as no way could I up sticks, it would have felt wrong. I realise this whole thing makes me look a massive cunt, but I assure you i'm not, i'm just so like grr confused.

You're confused!?!

I'm speechless. You mean to say I'm wasting tax paying for your education, whilst you fanny about worrying if you're hanging out with the cool crowd?

Fucking hell. :dave:

Guest LucaAltieri

After my first year I couldn't be fucked with uni either. Didn't really enjoy my course, had very little in common with others on my course, spent most of my time out drinking with the masters students and/or travelling.

My advice is to grin and bare it. It'll be over before you know it, then you'll have the joys of job hunting, then finally getting a job and wishing you hadn't bothered.

It's all downhill from here, anyway. Just get on with it.

No, I didn't. Some of my friends went on an MIT exchange for a year in their final year - your uni have owt like that?

My course is a 6-year one, and it's normal to do your first 3 years here and second 3 somewhere else; less than half stay the full 6. My original plan was to do the second 3 in Newcastle, but unfortunately they changed their plicy and no longer take external imports. Most of my friends went to Oxford, Edinburgh or London for the second half but I stuck around.

eh?  So the people on the course aren't fun enough?  You're there to learn, as much as you are to make friends.  Then you implied they tell you to go out... so go on then, get to know them better outside of learning surroundings.  I do History, and I'm a bit of a boff when I'm in a lecture/seminar, but thats because I'm there to learn, and hopefully end up with a good degree.  I'm not paying 3 grand a year to fanny on/not turn up like some on my course do.  I'd like to think outside of those surroundings I'm a fun person to be with.

Guest Heneage

Are you living at home at the moment? Would explain why you fancy moving somewhere 'new'

I am mate but its more an enforced choice. Thanks for those that have given advice those who've just used it to have a further go thanks appreciate it.

Guest Heneage

Ok bit of an update, seems i'm not the only one unhappy. A fair few have raised concerns about the quality of the course and its benefit to us of journalists. I must admit I'd had feelings that I wasn't really writing much for a "Journalism course".

So I may still transfer, if I do will it say my Degree is from the uni i joined or left?

Ok bit of an update, seems i'm not the only one unhappy. A fair few have raised concerns about the quality of the course and its benefit to us of journalists. I must admit I'd had feelings that I wasn't really writing much for a "Journalism course".

So I may still transfer, if I do will it say my Degree is from the uni i joined or left?

Possibly one, possibly neither, maybe possible even both. Who the fuck cares?  :aww:

Nixon.

My genuine suggestion is for you to change university. Ignore other unpleasants comments made to you. University is an extremely important stage in your life - you ought to learn as much as possible both on and off the course. It is the only time when you are free to make friends with people you actually like to make friends with, without burden of works, jobs and responsibilities.

Best of lucks. You can only learn when you are learning happily.

Journalism has always been a bit of a mickey mouse course to be honest.

A degree will mean pipsquat without the writing portfolio to go with it.

Stick with the course for the last year and concurrently get the experience.

Agree with James. If you want to get into journalism, or any form of writing for that matter, you can do a lot worse than take an english diploma or degree through the Open University whilst working part-time in a job which offers (or may eventually offer) some form of experience in journalism.

I've always believed that Open Degrees are superior to (and far more attractive than) standard degrees due to the amount of commitment and independent study that is required. Of course, if all you're bothered about is getting pissed and getting laid then that probably won't mean a thing.