So Poyet WAS lined up for the job after Keegan left

Guest Darth Toon

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

So Ashley was ready to appoint Poyet....

Was this before or after he decided to be driven out by the nasty fans?

The flip side to that is that he was looking to carry on with the business and not looking for a quick dollar like alot of people say....make your mind up.

God forbid we have a bit of off field stability at this club, appointing Poyet offers the same risk as appointing any other manager, obviously id of prefered a Deschamps or Zico but i'd settle for Poyet, like i settled for Souness, like i settled for Roeder and how i settle with Allardye. 

It does make you wonder who else it put off, it would probably only appeal to a man who likes a challenge. e interesting to see if the interested uyers have a man lined up.

It does rather make me wonder what criteria they had for their new manager appointment before it became clear they were no longer wanted. Experience had the highest level? Nah. An affinity with the club or region? Nope. Someone to inspire the players and crowd? Definitely not. A proven pedigree? Not really. A friend they knew they felt they could trust and who would fit into the system (i.e. not ask any nasty questions)? Looks like it.

In fairness... the last point, as they'll have no doubt learnt from Keegan, is what is needed to make such a system work. That said, some of the previous points would be a nice bonus like. Can you imagine what that Hull game would have been like if Gus Poyet was in charge of proceedings? Christ.