We're doing it again...

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

When we do get some possession, get forward and try to work the opposition... no-one seems willing to take any responsibility so the ball gets passed around, often all the way back or we loose it and it is all too predictable. Some one please take a fucking chance ala Martins against Villa, just stick a cross in, get in the box or take an early fucking strike. Does my head in. Oh and stop playing so deep man. This is a constant theme under Kinnear.

The fact that Fulham are closing us down every single time one of our key men gets the ball - be it Duff, Jonas, Barton - isn't helping. If Kinnear kicks them up the arse in the dressing room, we could see a different game in the second half. We're out of sorts so far today, that's all. Time.

It's a consequence of having no playmaker in midfield. Barton and Butt are reasonable at what they do, but they can't make something out of nothing. Another area of the team which Wise failed to address in the summer - though I suppose must be KK's fault according to some?!

It's a consequence of having no playmaker in midfield. Barton and Butt are reasonable at what they do, but they can't make something out of nothing. Another area of the team which Wise failed to address in the summer - though I suppose must be KK's fault according to some?!

Oh right, did Keegan have absolutely no say now?

Not absolving Wise of a lot - if not most - of the blame.

Guest Howaythetoon

Best example was Ameobi shifting it then rather than hit it he laid it to Butt who rather than hitting it tried to play the kind of ball Ronaldinho thinks twice about playing to Duff who was off-side. Pisses me off no end. This has to end.

Guest firetotheworks

One thing I noticed is that when our midfielders get closed down quickly and they have confidence they use their first touch to take it beyond the player closing them down, when theyre not playing with confidence theyre shielding it.

Oh right, did Keegan have absolutely no say now?

Not absolving Wise of a lot - if not most - of the blame.

What do you think?

I dont think this will go down too well on here but what HTT is saying is very applicable to Guttierez. He's clearly got the ability and on Monday showed genuine quality when setting up the second goal. However its all too rare he does it, he charges around and wins the ball and then often instead of attcking full backs he'll just knock it square and slowing down our already sluggish attacks. I also think its becoming apparent why his goalscoring record is so poor, has the lad had a shot for us all season?

I dont think this will go down too well on here but what HTT is saying is very applicable to Guttierez. He's clearly got the ability and on Monday showed genuine quality when setting up the second goal. However its all too rare he does it, he charges around and wins the ball and then often instead of attcking full backs he'll just knock it square and slowing down our already sluggish attacks. I also think its becoming apparent why his goalscoring record is so poor, has the lad had a shot for us all season?

I think the only reason he didn't attack the full back today was because Fulham were doubling up on him.There were at least two men in front of him most of the time because he was the obvious threat. With both Barton and Butt sitting deep, it was no problem putting extra men out in Jonas's way for Fulham.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've noticed it too and its equally frustrating and perhaps why he's playing for us and not a major club.

I've noticed it too and its equally frustrating and perhaps why he's playing for us and not a major club.

Don't you think the space today was in the centre though rather than out wide? For me there has been a massive gap between the central midfield and the strikers. Personally I'd prefer not to see Butt trying to fill it, i think that's where we need to see Barton's quality, further up the field.

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't you think the space today was in the centre though rather than out wide? For me there has been a massive gap between the central midfield and the strikers. Personally I'd prefer not to see Butt trying to fill it, i think that's where we need to see Barton's quality, further up the field.

Space out wide was restricted but that's irrelevant to the Jonas observation or indeed the general topic of this thread. I do agree with you on the Barton-Butt point.

i thought Pantsil had Jonas in his pocket. they did double up but even when it was one on one Pantsil just stood upright and watched the ball and Jonas invariably ran into him and lost possession. Jonas hasn't looked the same since he's came back from injury and even then, i hope to see more from the lad than he has shown so far, try taking shots, stop being indecisive, improve his touch, learn how to cross.

Its the old leave it to each other problem again, stand and watch and very poor running off the ball, no link betwwen midfield and the strikers,

Duff stoping and turning back towards our goal all the time, even if he has the beating of his man he always fkn stops dead and then he does make a good run Enrique hoofs it to hard ovber his head or slaps in infield and gives it away.

I think Jonas did not enjoy playing in the rain, its okay in a warm country but here when its cold and wet he looked sick as fk.

When we do get some possession, get forward and try to work the opposition... no-one seems willing to take any responsibility so the ball gets passed around, often all the way back or we loose it and it is all too predictable. Some one please take a f***ing chance ala Martins against Villa, just stick a cross in, get in the box or take an early f***ing strike. Does my head in. Oh and stop playing so deep man. This is a constant theme under Kinnear.

See my post on the Fulham match report thread...P 33....