Do the likes of Cacapa, Butt highlight a bigger problem?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

We all know the team as a whole were poor, but Cacapa was terribly piss poor today, does this whole situation highlight a bigger problem, a terrible lack of depth in terms of squad. We lose one player and our defence just goes arse over tit against bloody Fulham!

Its not even at the level where by I'd feel comfortable calling up a youngster like West Ham have done with Collison and Sears. If our real ambition is to be in the top 4 our even knocking on the door of Europe, we need strength at all levels. Man Utd have Evans, Arsenal Djourou, Chelsea Alex, Liverpool Skrt/Agger, even the likes of Villa and Man City have strength in numbers that we just don't have. Our academy products that make the bench are really poor, Carroll would have done bugger all today, same with Godsmark and Donniger, we've no real midfield prospects and maybe Tozer or Kadar could come in but I wouldn't feel remotely safe.

I don't think when the new owner comes in we can just invest for those on the front line in the starting XI, we really need to invest at all levels. Butt is as good as done, no pace can't pass and rarely slides. Barton is good but even his passes aren't the most piercing, if Jonas isn't working we often are up the creek. Ameobi for as good as he is drifts in and out of games, and Martins well, it depends which one turns up, we go from the heights of Monday to just pure toy throwing pram antics today.

Duff is about as piercing as a lump of butter, and Enrique doesn't look ready. We can't keep relying on the excuse of "Well we are just unlucky aren't we." We need strength, we need depth, we should implement Ashley's concept of buying youth every season, on top of major first team investment.

cacapa, viduka and smith out in january

i know it's hard but get 5 in. come on

I'll be surprised if we even get 1 in. And it'd better be a replacement for Butt.

We all know the team as a whole were poor, but Cacapa was terribly piss poor today, does this whole situation highlight a bigger problem, a terrible lack of depth in terms of squad. We lose one player and our defence just goes arse over tit against bloody Fulham!

Could have used Bassong instead of Cacapa, Zog in for Duff, etc. Squad depth wasn't really the problem today.

Guest Heneage

No s*** Sherlock!

But seriously, you haven't just thought about this now, have you?

No of course not, I was thinking this in January when other clubs were buying, I was thinking this when the window opened and everyone else was adding to their stock.

it just piss poor manager... when manager always pick the experience players... as favorite. even they do fuck all... and had gash legs.

it baffled me... why we always had managers that had no guts to drop players... when they do fuck up!

Guest LucaAltieri

Its not even at the level where by I'd feel comfortable calling up a youngster like West Ham have done with Collison and Sears. If our real ambition is to be in the top 4 our even knocking on the door of Europe, we need strength at all levels. Man Utd have Evans, Arsenal Djourou, Chelsea Alex, Liverpool Skrt/Agger, even the likes of Villa and Man City have strength in numbers that we just don't have. Our academy products that make the bench are really poor, Carroll would have done bugger all today, same with Godsmark and Donniger, we've no real midfield prospects and maybe Tozer or Kadar could come in but I wouldn't feel remotely safe.

I don't think when the new owner comes in we can just invest for those on the front line in the starting XI, we really need to invest at all levels. Butt is as good as done, no pace can't pass and rarely slides. Barton is good but even his passes aren't the most piercing, if Jonas isn't working we often are up the creek. Ameobi for as good as he is drifts in and out of games, and Martins well, it depends which one turns up, we go from the heights of Monday to just pure toy throwing pram antics today.

Duff is about as piercing as a lump of butter, and Enrique doesn't look ready. We can't keep relying on the excuse of "Well we are just unlucky aren't we." We need strength, we need depth, we should implement Ashley's concept of buying youth every season, on top of major first team investment.

Can't say I agree with that. He's making the transition really well now he's starting.