What makes them do it?

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

I have read about the injuries that Baby P suffered, and was wondering what the hell makes these people do this kind of thing to kids? Surely they can get no pleasure from inflicting violence on a baby, so what the hell is going on in their heads when they shake/batter/kill these kids.

I have read about the injuries that Baby P suffered, and was wondering what the hell makes these people do this kind of thing to kids? Surely they can get no pleasure from inflicting violence on a baby, so what the hell is going on in their heads when they shake/batter/kill these kids.

they're messed up people.  The father works in child protection for the city council, and he's told me the tails of some of the people he's met.  They see their behaviour as normal.  Its often due to drink/drugs or the simple inability to look after a child which, to be honest, they probably didn't want.

Some people are not in a fit state to have children end of.

Like WBCP says, a lot of this stuff is hiddden under the carpet.  The media may get the odd story but there will be hundereds o horror stories kicking about.

Yup.  Even if they're not beating their kids up, he has hundreds of stories of parents actually egging on their children to say "fuck off" etc.  It's horrifying.

My mother is a social worker here in Ireland, she was telling me they took a child to hospital last week with a broken leg, broken ankle, broken ribs, hemoraging behind her eyes and more injuries. The child is 9 weeks old, was thankfully taken off her parents within hours of being admitted to hospital, thanks to a rushed court order. Sick f***ing cunts out there.

I remember last year sitting in the car-park at Burger King tucking into my XL meal facing the road that leads to the Drive-Thru booth.

There was a mother pushing a pram.  She was chatting away to what looked like the grandmother and there was a toddler (looked about three years old) walking about twenty yards behind them.  The mother and gran had crossed the road and kept on walking.  They just let the toddler cross the road on her own. 

I couldn't fucking believe it.  It's obviously not the same as deliberately beating a child up but the end consequences could easily have been the same.