Bobby Charlton says that Jackie Milburn says that Newcastle coaches are rubbish

James

Four Four Two interview with Bobby Charlton:

"I was very close to Jackie...I spent a lot of time with him...and he actually put me off Newcastle, telling me, "They are dreadful, they're not very good for coaching.""

How times change.

And.

Well it is a fairly interesting remark that just like today, we were missing out on top young talent in the 50s due to a bad reputation amongst footballers. Looks like we have very much stood still for fifty years.

Guest Chris P

Bobby was a class player, he would have been a one of our all time greats if he'd played for us.  As far as I'm aware he only ever played 45 minutes in a testimonial wearing our colours.

Get a Tardis

Guest Heneage

The cynic would say it was 50 years ago we could have changed notably. We have some good talent and our youth team seems to be doing well.

The cynic would say it was 50 years ago we could have changed notably. We have some good talent and our youth team seems to be doing well.

another cynic would say, he was right cos we won nowt domestic in that 50 years

Guest Heneage

another cynic would say, he was right cos we won nowt domestic in that 50 years

Toooo which another cynic would say sir take the domestic winners of the last 5-10 years and tell me how many were academy graduates?