Vomiting

Rocker

Was sick today for the first time in twelve years ( when I ate some dodgy hotdogs at the school disco in 96).

I was feeling fine all day, I finished work at nine, and picked my lass up at ten, then went to tesco's on Norham road. I had a really dry mouth, and felt quite shaky all of a sudden, but bought a drink and some cereal bars for the morning.

ped

Got home, and went straight to bed, not feeling great. Then I started getting the shivers, although  dripping of sweat,  my limbs were aching too. Literally one minute I was fine, next minute I had the tell tale signs of a bastard cold.

Was about one in the morning when my stomach began to ache, came in waves and was cramping badly. Spent the entire night trying to get comfortable, had the window open and the heating on, sweating and shivering till about four in the morning.

I felt an unfamiliar twinge in my gut, then my throat, then my mouth, and then splosh. All over my floor, feet and laptop. Ran to the bog, stark bollock naked, and headed straight for the crapper, where I preceded to puke my ring up for about 30 mins. I suddenly remembered how fucking horrible being sick is, as I gasped for air, and trying to push out big stubborn lumps from my throat into the bowl.

I shouted to my lass to fetch me some kegs, as I was exposed for the world to see ( I live with three other lads).

The physical sickness has subsided for now, leaving me feeling week, still cold and hot, and also very tired.

Sorry about this anyway,  I've been in bed all day and I'm really bored.

:-[

Guest lankybellwipe

Sounds like sunstroke to me......

Reminds me of Seinfeld, where he bought the bad 'Black and White' (hurrahhhh) cookie from thr bakers with Elaine, and it made him sick for the first time in 13 years

Havent puked up for about 5 years now.  Mainly because I tend to drink less these days.

My vomiting in the past has always been due to huge amounts of drink followed by greasy food.

I find the actual act of being sick although unpleasant is kind of a relief because you get rid of that horrible strange dying feeling in your stomach.

I went through a phase of waking up in the morning and having to chuck up bile from my stomach after a night out and a nights kip.  Horrible, no food or anything came up just bile and felt sick for hours afterwards.  Lasted a good 6-7 months.

My ex went through that, like the worst delayed hangover, thought she'd become allergic to alcohol, was considering stopping drinking. :lol:

I went through a phase of waking up in the morning and having to chuck up bile from my stomach after a night out and a nights kip.  Horrible, no food or anything came up just bile and felt sick for hours afterwards.  Lasted a good 6-7 months.

My ex went through that, like the worst delayed hangover, thought she'd become allergic to alcohol, was considering stopping drinking. :lol:

Yes it was pretty bad, I'm ok now tho been tip top for ages apart from falling out with beer for a while but I think we've made up now.

I was sick for the first time in years back in April. I'd had a slight twinge in my kidneys for a couple of days and then one morning the pain was a lot worse. I started shivering and sweating. One of those situations where you go from being too hot and then too cold. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. Then I started feeling really nauseous but nothing was happening. I rang NHS Direct and they said to see a doctor. I made an end of surgery appointment, and in the mean time was sick 3 times. The doctor did a bit of prodding of my kidneys and 'down below', took a urine sample and decided it was a urine infection.

I got prescribed a course of antibiotics for a couple of weeks, and took the first lot when I got home. I threw up again a short time later and went to bed for the night.

Woke up the next morning and I was fine.

But yeah, I'd forgotten how rotten being sick is.

Reminds me of Seinfeld, where he bought the bad 'Black and White' (hurrahhhh) cookie from thr bakers with Elaine, and it made him sick for the first time in 13 years

Aye, I thought that when I saw the first line. :laugh:

Aye, I thought that when I saw the first line. :laugh:

For bonus points, does anyone know the exact day when the vomit streak ended?  I think it was sometime in September...

I've puked once my entire life - when I was about 10.  It's been so long I don't even remember the exact age, just that there was fettuccine alfredo everywhere.  I am 25 now and still have even yet to puke from drinking.  I really have an iron stomach, it goes down and the hatch closes.  I have heard though that puking when you're drunk makes you feel worlds better in a few minutes, maybe I'll try it one day instead of laying with one foot off the bed and spending an hour trying to get comfortable without throwing up.

Was sick today for the first time in twelve years ( when I ate some dodgy hotdogs at the school disco in 96).

I was feeling fine all day, I finished work at nine, and picked my lass up at ten, then went to tesco's on Norham road. I had a really dry mouth, and felt quite shaky all of a sudden, but bought a drink and some cereal bars for the morning.

ped

Got home, and went straight to bed, not feeling great. Then I started getting the shivers, although  dripping of sweat,  my limbs were aching too. Literally one minute I was fine, next minute I had the tell tale signs of a bastard cold.

Was about one in the morning when my stomach began to ache, came in waves and was cramping badly. Spent the entire night trying to get comfortable, had the window open and the heating on, sweating and shivering till about four in the morning.

I felt an unfamiliar twinge in my gut, then my throat, then my mouth, and then splosh. All over my floor, feet and laptop. Ran to the bog, stark bollock naked, and headed straight for the crapper, where I preceded to puke my ring up for about 30 mins. I suddenly remembered how fucking horrible being sick is, as I gasped for air, and trying to push out big stubborn lumps from my throat into the bowl.

I shouted to my lass to fetch me some kegs, as I was exposed for the world to see ( I live with three other lads).

The physical sickness has subsided for now, leaving me feeling week, still cold and hot, and also very tired.

Sorry about this anyway,  I've been in bed all day and I'm really bored.

:-[

It's doing the rounds mate. It will be gone by tommorow, if it already hasn't.

Guest lankybellwipe

I used to get absolutely horrid migraines!

But being a servant to my employer, I would still endure the drive to work. I did this, because I knew that when I vomited, as a result of the migraine, the vomiting never actually produced liquid, I just wretched!

But it must have looked awkward to the guy in the car next to me at Moor Farm roundabout, as I adopted the face of a scream mask, and threw my head forward, then came back with tears rolling down my cheek!

Thank god those days are well behind me - as well as active employment!

O0

Guest Stephen927

The trick is if you're drinking alcohol to drink some milk before you go out and get a good meal on your stomach, then drink water when you get in.

Guest timmy boy

I am sick quite often the morning after  a big session on the booze.

I think it's because when I was 18 I  went to hospital after downing a pint of gin and completely fucking up my stomach and this has altered my tolerance of booze ever since.

I am sick quite often the morning after  a big session on the booze.

I think it's because when I was 18 I  went to hospital after downing a pint of gin and completely f***ing up my stomach and this has altered my tolerance of booze ever since.

just the smell of gin sets off my gag reflex

Guest timmy boy

For about two years afterwards I couldn't even look at a bottle of gin. If I drank some now I think I would be sick instantly.