Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest Phil K

Interesting Sunderland saying they're not talking to him isn't it ?

Hmmm....Bruce for NUFC ?

Not too sure about that.

Think I'd prefer Big Al actually, long term

I wouldn't.

Wigan are a self professed selling club. With no fans.

I reckon if Bruce leaves, they could be joining us in the Championship fairly sharpish.

Amazed they've stayed up for so long.

They clearly don't have the uncaring type of money-grabbing b*stards playing for them we have.

Fulham too. Bolton...Hull....none can get half of our attendances.

Yet the sh*t that has the gall to wear our strip show the least effort and responsibility of any of the clubs.

I'm sure the Mackems will moan about having another "Geordie b******" at their club like they did with Clark and Chopra. Hopefully Bruce will follow in the footsteps of Lawrie McMenemy. I wonder who N'Zogbia's new manager will be?

Aye, Geordie players/managers time at Sunderland seem to tend to end badly - lets hope 'agent Bruce's' time there ends similarly (if he goes).

Bob Stokoe was the last manager to win a trophy for the Mackem bastards.

Just been on SSN that Sunderland have decided not to speak to Bruce anyway, Wigan want to much dosh.

Not sure if I'm happy or sad at this. Though Bruce has done a good job at Wigan, I'm still not convinced about the bloke and doubt he would get the Mackems anywhere beyond mid table.

I would love to see them go for someone that's doomed to failure, but I have a sneaking feeling they'll get this decision right for once.

Guest Ebolarama

Interesting Sunderland saying they're not talking to him isn't it ?

Hmmm....Bruce for NUFC ?

Not too sure about that.

Think I'd prefer Big Al actually, long term

I wouldn't.

Wigan are a self professed selling club. With no fans.

I reckon if Bruce leaves, they could be joining us in the Championship fairly sharpish.

Amazed they've stayed up for so long.

They clearly don't have the uncaring type of money-grabbing b*stards playing for them we have.

Fulham too. Bolton...Hull....none can get half of our attendances.

Yet the sh*t that has the gall to wear our strip show the least effort and responsibility of any of the clubs.

Just goes to show that fans don't make a bit of difference to whether a team stays up or not. Good tactics, sensible transfers and a decent manager are all that is required. We, unfortunately, had none of those. But at least we got free scarfs and cheered a lot!

Not sure which thread to put it in, but what made me laugh last weekend was when they were interviewing Quinn and Sbragia, and I think someone asked "A club like Sunderland should be pushing higher up the league, not fighting relegation?"

And I thought. Well, no, not really. They're a second-rate club relatively, with not much of a history, and their support is hardly outstanding. Lower PL medicority/relegation battle is about their level.

Not sure which thread to put it in, but what made me laugh last weekend was when they were interviewing Quinn and Sbragia, and I think someone asked "A club like Sunderland should be pushing higher up the league, not fighting relegation?"

And I thought. Well, no, not really. They're a second-rate club relatively, with not much of a history, and their support is hardly outstanding. Lower PL medicority/relegation battle is about their level.

TBF they do have a pretty rich history, 6 times league champions. In terms of support and tradition a mid table prem league team.

It's difficult to see an obvious getable candidate for the job, without them taking a bit of a chance on a Martinez, Coyle or someone.

Hopefully they'll employ some no hoper and end up where we ended up this season.

Football did exist before Sky you know, it's that sort of ignorance that gives our fans a bad name.

As for Bruce, I think he will be a good solid appointment for them given time. However, they have a sizeable number of small-minded cretins who follow them, who won't give him time because of his black and white connections.

This one's guaranteed to end in tears.

When did Bilic turn the mackems down like?

i heard his Agent on Radio 5 today, saying there was too much needed at Sunderland and that he would be interested in Celtic.

i heard his Agent on Radio 5 today, saying there was too much needed at Sunderland and that he would be interested in Celtic.

Lazy fucker.

Turns down a real challenge but offers himself up for possibly the easiest job in professional football  :lol:

Lazy fucker.

Turns down a real challenge but offers himself up for possibly the easiest job in professional football  :lol:

wants champions league football,  How many times have Sunderlol played in Europe?

Lazy fucker.

That's an interesting thought. I think you are porbably right Celtic is the easiest managerial job in football. Can't think of too many more easy.

Lazy fucker.

That's an interesting thought. I think you are porbably right Celtic is the easiest managerial job in football. Can't think of too many more easy.

Newcastle. All you have to do is come, fail for a year, and leave with your fat compensation payoff.

I'm surprised more aren't lining up to come here just for the money! :lol:

I must be living in different times, because Sunderland, although they've won very little in, say, my lifetime, are a club awash with history.

I knew that as son a Stachan left Celtic, he would head straight for Sunderland, and I still think it, I would put a bet on it but I doubt the odds are very good now. I laughed when I saw that Rijaard is on their list, noway in hell is he going to go their, he turned down us and Chelsea. I'm assuming the next name to be mentioned will be Alex Ferguson.

I must be living in different times, because Sunderland, although they've won very little in, say, my lifetime, are a club awash with history.

Correct.  It'd be foolish to write them off, it's only their mismanagement that's held them back.  Much like ourselves in recent years.