Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest Chubby Jason

He's got a good future ahead of him in managment I think, hated him as a player but if he wasn't Sunderland manager I would find his honesty and bluntness a breath of fresh air.

Guest Geordiesned

He's got a good future ahead of him in managment I think, hated him as a player but if he wasn't Sunderland manager I would find his honesty and bluntness a breath of fresh air.

What, as in "we were shit again today and whilst I may have been a great player I'm quite clearly bollocks at this management lark."

Setanta have done that old trick of removing any hint of the "not travelled" story from their rolling coverage without retracting or clarifying it.

Paddy Power stopped taking bets on Keano going, but that'll just be down to the rumours and the cash being placed on it.

Guest Nufc4Life

Im surpised we only have 2 pages on this. When it was Keegan literlaly every topic on their forum was about it, and pages and pages of bollocks. Says it all to be honest.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Keane-has-NOT-walked.4696388.jp

Keane has NOT walked

Published Date: 14 November 2008

Contrary to rumours in other media today, Roy Keane has NOT walked out on Sunderland Football Club.

Other suggestions that he had not travelled with the team for tomorrow's game at Blackburn Rovers because of a fall-out, are similarly wide of the mark.

Sunderland face Rovers for the second time in four days tomorrow, when the two teams play their Premier League game at Ewood Park and Keane is expected to be in the dug-out as normal.

"Wide of the mark" ;)

Setanta have done that old trick of removing any hint of the "not travelled" story from their rolling coverage without retracting or clarifying it.

Internet journalism is mental as well, the BBC do the same thing with changing and updating stories that are wrong, rather than publishing new ones.

Very dodgy, and a very good way to hide shite journalism and speculation.

Guest toonlass

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Keane-has-NOT-walked.4696388.jp

Keane has NOT walked

Published Date: 14 November 2008

Contrary to rumours in other media today, Roy Keane has NOT walked out on Sunderland Football Club.

Other suggestions that he had not travelled with the team for tomorrow's game at Blackburn Rovers because of a fall-out, are similarly wide of the mark.

Sunderland face Rovers for the second time in four days tomorrow, when the two teams play their Premier League game at Ewood Park and Keane is expected to be in the dug-out as normal.

"Wide of the mark" ;)

Does Alan Oliver write for the echo too?

Guest Nufc4Life

Bring fourth the one they call Allerdyce.

Ace, I can see it now.  Kenwyn Jones on the bench because Diouf has a better heart bpm in training, Nosworthy with a free role in the middle, Cisse in nets, 11 men behind the ball to defend a 1-0 deficit at home to West Brom...

Someone on the SMB forum has just copied that statement word for word...

Heard a mackem on the radio yesterday saying he and his mates (sounded more like meats) were sick to death of "old Keano" and wanted shot of him.

The panel were stunned and wondered if the mackems were deluded.