Do you think the club will be sold?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Im not sure what to believe anymore. You hear so much about interested parties, yet nothing seems to be happening. Surely something would have happened by now? I wouldnt be surprised if the whole sell the club thing is a ploy by Ashley to keep the fans quiet, and in a few months we will get "i tried....."

It's exactly what the club needs now to stabilise and improve, so no.

You've got it all wrong. The club will be sold, and then the owners will fall out with the manager by next season, declare us unmanagable, and strip us for assets and get us relegated to the Championship.

Newcastle United never implodes the simple way.

Im not sure what to believe anymore. You hear so much about interested parties, yet nothing seems to be happening. Surely something would have happened by now? I wouldnt be surprised if the whole sell the club thing is a ploy by Ashley to keep the fans quiet, and in a few months we will get "i tried....."

If he comes out and admits his system didn't work, dismantles it, sacks Dennis Wise and gets in a good manager and backs him I'd be happy.

Can't see it happening.

If he comes out and admits his system didn't work, dismantles it, sacks Dennis Wise and gets in a good manager and backs him I'd be happy.

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

Can't comment on Gonzalez as he's barely played.

Can't see it happening.

Regardless of what our opinion on the system is, Ashley won't admit to something like that. He believes in it and if he's got any ego or pride (which we know he does), then he's not gonna lie about his belief. Pluys, he wouldn't have gone this far (in terms of selling) if he was gonna do that at any point.

Personally, aye, i think it'll get sold.

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

Yes we signed some decent players but the structure resulted in the manager walking out and creating this crisis, whish is why we are now down at the bottom of the league.

Guest Heneage

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

Yes we signed some decent players but the structure resulted in the manager walking out and creating this crisis, whish is why we are now down at the bottom of the league.

But surely that falls under who you blame for the Ashley/Keegan falling out as to whether it worked?

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

So thats the result of a petty childish manager then?

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

That's where Ashley went wrong imo. Not with his recruitment set-up, not with his wage policy, not with his consolidation of funds... he simply appointed the wrong manager for it all to work. Aye - MA's reign has been topsy turvy in general, even before all of the shite, but he only really made one major mistake. Appointing Keegan. Should have appointed a yes-man cos that's what the system requires.

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

But surely that falls under who you blame for the Ashley/Keegan falling out as to whether it worked?

Well I don't know exactly what happens but I just don't like these continental style set ups.

By all accounts KK ok'd the signings of Jonas and Colo, which he could have done without this strucute in place if Vetere and co were working just as scouts and had recommended them and KK had liked the look of them.

I think a manager should have the final say on all transfer dealings, the likes of Phil Brown have it written into their contract.

Anyway this thread isn't really about the structure, it's been talked about to death on here.

I said I'd be happy with Ashley admiting faults and making changes but I'm pretty sure the club will be sold sooner rather than later.

Guest Heneage

Keegan would not have found Jonas and Colo. Tbh the whole situation was ideal Keegan motivated and took the players that our scouts got who were good finds. Keegan ballsed it up in my opinion not being able to swallow his pride and acting like a baby.

I think Ashley is just going to try and worm his way back into the fold and hope we'll forgive and forget when it emerges theres actually nobody interested in us. Like it's been said if he'd just admit the system blew up and gave the next manager (not JK!) the final say on transfers then the fans would welcome him back.

Keegan would not have found Jonas and Colo. Tbh the whole situation was ideal Keegan motivated and took the players that our scouts got who were good finds. Keegan ballsed it up in my opinion not being able to swallow his pride and acting like a baby.

That's not what I said. Learn to read.

That's where Ashley went wrong imo. Not with his recruitment set-up, not with his wage policy, not with his consolidation of funds... he simply appointed the wrong manager for it all to work. Aye - MA's reign has been topsy turvy in general, even before all of the shite, but he only really made one major mistake. Appointing Keegan. Should have appointed a yes-man cos that's what the system requires.

That's what's so frustrating, in my eyes. He could've went for any manager out there - I think at the time, most of us would've taken your regular Steve Bruce or Paul Jewell, or close to at least -  but he chose the dearest one to the entire fan base, so in the end there was only really one possible outcome of it all.

I just want it all to get sorted. If that means him staying here and fixing this whole mess then that's fine.

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

Well I don't know exactly what happens but I just don't like these continental style set ups.

By all accounts KK ok'd the signings of Jonas and Colo, which he could have done without this strucute in place if Vetere and co were working just as scouts and had recommended them and KK had liked the look of them.

I think a manager should have the final say on all transfer dealings, the likes of Phil Brown have it written into their contract.

Anyway this thread isn't really about the structure, it's been talked about to death on here.

I said I'd be happy with Ashley admiting faults and making changes but I'm pretty sure the club will be sold sooner rather than later.

We dont know exactly what happened but Ashley should admit faults?  :undecided:

I'd ba happy whatever the outcome - the problems are strangling the progess of the club and its a shame becasue this episode was completely avoidable, i dont know how much damage the recent PR regarding idiotic fans and structure have done to the club in regards to prospective buyers - i just hope it hasnt damaged us to the extent that a new owner would be reluctant to be fully invested in the club knowing the volatility in the area.....

That's what's so frustrating, in my eyes. He could've went for any manager out there - I think at the time, most of us would've taken your regular Steve Bruce or Paul Jewell, or close to at least -  but he chose the dearest one to the entire fan base, so in the end there was only really one possible outcome of it all.

I just want it all to get sorted. If that means him staying here and fixing this whole mess then that's fine.

Yeah exactly mate. Picking Keegan was a fucking massive, massive risk. Aye in the short-term it gave everyone a massive boner. But long-term, there were so many permutations that could have resulted in the situation we're in now, simply cos it was Keegan.

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

Keegan wasn't his first choice. Redknapp was with Venables as DOF. That's the main reason that Harry turned it down.

A DOF system could work but it depends on the people in place. They have to work together. This wasn't the case here or at Spuds.

What the hell has that got to do with the thread subject ?