Coins, bottles, phones......explosives?!

TêteDeMaure

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=425365&CPID=24&clid=144&lid=11&title=LFP+to+take+action+over+'bomb'

LFP to take action over 'bomb'

By Patrick Haond

French football league chairman Frederic Thiriez vowed to take strong action against the supporter found guilty of throwing the explosive that caused serious injury to a fireman during Marseille's match with Nice.

Thiriez has reacted angrily after the home-made device was thrown on to the pitch by a supporter located in the Marseille contingent in Sunday's match at the Stade du Ray.

The object was retrieved by a fireman, but subsequently exploded, causing the officer to lose two of his fingers.

"I want to gather all of the facts to discover who is responsible for this indefensible act," said Thiriez.

"Of course the league will register a complaint and we will pursue court action with a public prosecutor.

"Moreover, the disciplinary committee of the league will have to consider its sanctions.

"The serious nature of the incident justifies our stance on not allowing fireworks into stadiums.

"I have asked the fans' associations to help us identify and ban those guilty."

Marseille may also face sanctions should it be proved that the perpetrator was one of the team's supporters

Nutcases, absolute nutcases. How the hell did they manage to get it in the ground in the first place? I know they get fireworks in etc, but surely a 'homemade device' is somewhat different?

Guest DazzaNufc1892

im sorry i know i should laugh but when read the title of this thread i just started laughing, had the image of some french bloke with a dandy style looking bomg throwing it at the ref