Finding it hard to care or really get enthusiastic....

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Am I alone in this?

I'm watching Chelsea stroke it around I remember when we were on the same level as them. :undecided:

I just have never been this depressed about us.

Guest Heneage

We've never been as good as what Chelsea are now.

No I meant pre Abramovich the days when it was Liverpool Chelsea vying for 4th.

I do not want to care I would love to be able to turn my back and walk away, save the stress and heart ache this cub brings BUT I do care and so do you, or you would not be on here asking the question in the first place.

Sad fact is I know even if we go down I will still be there at the match every game next season to, its in the breeding nothing we can do aboiut it.

I was very apathetic from the first game post-Keegan, till the first Kinnear game. When Hughton was pulling the strings we were going to lose every game, simple as that really (i'm not pinning the blame on Hughton btw, the whole situation was just so awful). I didn't even watch the games during that period; i know, plastic fan.

Kinnear coming in instilled a tiny morsel of hope. I hardly expected anything, but it was no longer a foregone conclusion that we were gonna lose every game.

So the apathy's subsided for me from that point on, fortunately i guess. So yeah, i care loads... begging for us to get sold to we can start all over again agin.

Guest The Libertine

why do people keep re-making these threads after every defeat? we've been in worse situations THIS SEASON.

kneejerk.

Guest Heneage

why do people keep re-making these threads after every defeat? we've been in worse situations THIS SEASON.

kneejerk.

Its not kneejerk mate its not this game, this has been coming for a while, I'm sick of being told "We'll get better" we've not been in the UEFA Cup for good 2-3 years now.

I know exactly what you mean. We've been lurching from one disaster to another ever since Bobby left - for whatever reason every cunt involved with this club at board level seems hell bent on destroying Newcastle United. Of course i still care about this club and i always will, but some of my love for the game of football in general has been worn away and my hope that one day we will be challenging for the champions league places again has faded. The knocks don't affect or surprise me like they used to and i suppose that makes it feel like i don't care as much as before.

All i want is for someone sensible to come in, invest significant but not ridiculous money into the team, hire a decent (proven) manager, communicate with the fans and set realistic expectations fron the start. The lack of stability is what's killing this club and it needs to be addressed.

Guest firetotheworks

I care and am more enthusiastic than the last few seasons because a) I actually believe this time that we really are in the shit. b) our situation as a club is worse b) despite the situation we have a much better team than the last few seasons.

What sickens me is that we've had fairly easy starts both last season and this, but we are failing to take the points we should against shite opposition, effectively killing the season before it's begun. What is there to look forward to apart from an 'exciting' fight against relegation?

Yet if we'd won the last two games which we should have we'd be gunning for Europe. Absolute wank.

Guest Heneage

I mean the sale of the club, even thats not going smoothly, when you see the likes of Man City get owners you think whats so wrong with us?

today i realised how much i truly hate this club. for what they put us through. every week, without fail. theyve ruined my life....yet i always come back for more.  :-[

NUFC is genuinely the worst relationship I've ever gotten myself into.

Guest Heneage

I'll be happier when Nixon starts refraining from posting so much guff. Pretty sure he doesnt go to the games either.

I've been at most home games this season, how many do you go to? And btw I have missed 3 in the last 2 seasons prior to this. So really I think you're full of poo poo/

When we lose/do badly it just makes me want to watch other football less, really, doesn't affect how much I care about NUFC. I do see how it's a bit "numb" at the minute though, because we're in no mans land in all aspects of the club.

It's probably good I'm not able to get to SJP at the minute because if I was I'd be blowing a gasket.

We've lost 2 games in 7.

3 of those have been draws, but it's a start.

Remember when Keegan left and we had Hughton in charge? Now that was bad. The guy is a very, very good coach but he's not a manager.

But at the end of the day, I don't get the kneejerk reaction when we're probably in the best form we've been all year (albeit, our easiest run too and we missed out today).

We've lost 2 games in 7.

Remember when Keegan left and we had Hughton in charge? Now that was bad. The guy is a very, very good coach but he's not a manager.

But at the end of the day, I don't get the kneejerk reaction when we're probably in the best form we've been all year (albeit, our easiest run too and we missed out today).

4th bottom with Chelsea (a) and Boro (a) next two games. If we're not bottom by the time Stoke come to SJP on December 6th I'll be amazed.

It's not a kneejerk reaction if you ask me, it's a continual frustration that will go on until the club cogs get turning again. Everything gives the feeling of "ground to a halt" at the minute. The whole future of the club is up in arms, some of our big players are out of contract come summer, the performances are extremely patchy and we have unpopular characters from head-to-toe infesting the club (from the boardroom to the coaching staff to the players.) Attendances are dropping, it's fucking freezing and it's mid-winter... it's just a fucking horrible time to be a NUFC fan and people are letting that be known.

Everyone needs an outlet and it's hard to be sensible/coherent when you're raging. When people stop caring how we do is when the shit really hits the fan.

We've lost 2 games in 7.

4th bottom with Chelsea (a) and Boro (a) next two games. If we're not bottom by the time Stoke come to SJP on December 6th I'll be amazed.

It's not a kneejerk reaction if you ask me, it's a continual frustration that will go on until the club cogs get turning again. Everything gives the feeling of "ground to a halt" at the minute. The whole future of the club is up in arms, some of our big players are out of contract come summer, the performances are extremely patchy and we have unpopular characters from head-to-toe infesting the club (from the boardroom to the coaching staff to the players.) Attendances are dropping, it's fucking freezing and it's mid-winter... it's just a fucking horrible time to be a NUFC fan and people are letting that be known.

Everyone needs an outlet and it's hard to be sensible/coherent when you're raging. When people stop caring how we do is when the shit really hits the fan.

Agreed it's probably a build-up, but we've been in worse situations this season.

Not saying I'm happy with being 17th, because I'm clearly not, and the sad thing is that nothing can really be done about it until the club is sold.

So we'll just keep meandering along with Joe Kinnear in charge, and yes, there's a good chance we'll be around the bottom when the club eventually gets sold, BUT fortunately for us the bottom is so tight and even with a few losses I don't imagine we'll be too far behind the rest.