Deutschland vs. England (Wed 19th) - Michael Mancienne called up.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Just thought I'd start this to divert a bit of attention from some of the bollocks people are spouting regarding today's game.  Mancienne is on loan at Wolves, and has never played for the Chelsea first team.  Although its seen as a "shock" I'd doubt he'll even get onto the pitch on Wednesday.  Owen isn't recalled.

Full Squad...

Carson, Hart, James, Bridge, Davies, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Mancienne, Richards, Upson, Barry, Carrick, Downing, Lampard, Gerrard, Wright-Phillips, A Young, Agbonlahor, Bent, Crouch, Defoe, Walcott.

Guest Heneage

What has Owen done to deserve a call up exactly. He wasn't called up when he was in form, so why would he be called up now.

So why does Crouch deserve one sir? He hasn't scored at least Owen is in decent form.

Absolutely unbelievable that Jags can't get a look in.

Lescott has had a nightmare all season but Capello still picks him. Richards has been shite as well and as for this Mancienne... er, wtf? He's never kicked a ball in the top flight.

Jags form since last January has been amazing.

Guest kingdawson

No Woodgate again (he picks the terrible upson ahead of him). JJ isnt really fit so i understand why he hasent been picked and Bentley hasnt been good enough. Huddlestone has been highly impressive lately so i think his time will come.

I forgot about Woodgate. He should be there as well and you're right, Upson is crap.

For someone that is supposed to be a master of defensive play Capello doesn't half make some terrible selections in those positions.

This is just a demonstration that the top four clubs are better than the England team.

Not really.

Only 7 players from the Sky4 in the 23, and there are 4 players from Villa alone (and that's not trumpet blowing).

I must admit though, I'd never heard of Mancienne before today. Massive props for the slightly gay, French sounding surname, mind.

I honestly didn't know this game was coming up until today.

What's the point in it?

Yeah I didnt know it was coming up either.....and it is very pointless. I really couldnt care less if England win in friendlies or not.

Mancienne is a strange one. Its good to see a change but as people have siad, why him instead of Woodgate or Jagielka? Doesnt make sense.

As for Owen- he doesnt deserve to be in the squad. Theres no point in having a half fit player taking up a space/opportunity that someone else fitter could be taking. If Owen can get more games together consecutively, he'll start scoring goals and will then be chosen for England. If he stays fit then Im sure he'll be back in the squad.

Rooney having a "chest infection" is far too convenient. Same with Rio being out, Ferguson knows they can beat Stoke without those 2 so exagerrates their injuries/illness and don't have to go away for international duty, come back next weekend as fit as a fiddle.

[/Conspiracy]

Guest optimistic nit

Crouch but no Owen? Capello is not picking this squad surely. :lol:

owen still isn't starting regulary for us ffs. which should be down to lack of fitness or something. and if he's not fit yet, neither capello or kinnear want him in england games.

Ferdinand and Gerrard have dropped out and now Terry is a doubt.

Nothing short of a farce the way the top clubs and players go on in regards international friendlies.

No Woodgate again (he picks the terrible upson ahead of him). JJ isnt really fit so i understand why he hasent been picked and Bentley hasnt been good enough. Huddlestone has been highly impressive lately so i think his time will come.

JJ hasn't been picked because he's fucking shite.