Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

The average attendance from our 7 home league games this season, the highest being 50,242 against Hull & the lowest being 44,567 against Villa.

The next home game is 3 weeks today & we have 3 home games next month, we could finish the year with an average attendance under 47k. Considering we normally average 50k a season roughly.

Things do look bleak.

It's a pity but you've got to remember that it was 44,000 in the first home game too, where spirits were very high. Aye some people are fed up but the economical situation is as big a catalyst for the 'low' attendances as anything.

As this is an attendance thread, just as a side thought: If we go down, will our attendance fall to 30k(ish)? Presumably ticket prices will fall and there's always been the theory that the majority of fans will always turn up for league games no matter what. I reckon we'd probably still get near enough 40,000.

It's clearly to do with the present situation at the club.  It's a miracle that they are as high as they are imo.  There's a boycott still being upheld by some season ticket holders and results and teh climate hardly entice people to buy tickets by the game.  |A new owner and decent manager and we'd be back 50,000 plus in no time

I've only been going becase i've got a season ticket. So it's only going to be the season ticket holders going. They can shove 3 year plans up their arse. I want to cancel, even if we win every home game remaining. I don't look foward to game as much as i used to

Guest The Libertine

The average attendance from our 7 home league games this season, the highest being 50,242 against Hull & the lowest being 44,567 against Villa.

The next home game is 3 weeks today & we have 3 home games next month, we could finish the year with an average attendance under 47k. Considering we normally average 50k a season roughly.

Things do look bleak.

how is that a bad thing? considering whats happening on and off the pitch its nearer a miracle.

Attendances are down everywhere.

Not really surprising. If i hadn't paid for my ST in the early summer, I'd have thought seriously about how many matches I'd be attending about now.

This will be the first recession in the era of sky high football prices, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

It's amazing how Newcastle fans get laughed at for supporting their team when they're in the shit, and criticised for not supporting their team when they're in the shit.

Attendences are at 52,000, Newcastle are in relegation fight - "Magpie fans are ridiculous, settling for 2nd rate rubbish"

Attendences nearer 45,000, Newcastle in relegation fight - "How dare Newcastle fans not stand by their team?"

We cannit win.

Attendances are down everywhere.

Not really surprising. If i hadn't paid for my ST in the early summer, I'd have thought seriously about how many matches I'd be attending about now.

This will be the first recession in the era of sky high football prices, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

yep, people will have to get used to lower crowds for at least the next season or two.

Guest michaelfoster

The thing is as someone pointed out the only people who have near enough filled their away allocation were Hull, it was a poor show from wigan fans again today too

Wigan brought a pathetic support to SJP today. They had a canny good following when they first came up here but its gotten worse each season.

I expected much more from Villa and City fans. Even though it was a televised monday night, they brought about 2 bus loads of fans each. Shyte.

As for our home support- its been brilliant this season...as usual. They only reason its dipped in numbers is because of the credit crunch and people are boycotting matches. Im impressed with this new singing section though. Seems to raise the atmosphere a bit.

As this is an attendance thread, just as a side thought: If we go down, will our attendance fall to 30k(ish)? Presumably ticket prices will fall and there's always been the theory that the majority of fans will always turn up for league games no matter what. I reckon we'd probably still get near enough 40,000.

Agreed.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I remember seeing a lot of folk sitting around me who I had not seen before for that game. Quite a lot of bairns too. They have not be back ( not surprisingly perhaps after that display) but a lot of the regulars are. The thought occurred to me that maybe some fans boycotted that one but gave their tickets to others who don't usually go.

What's Pompey's away following usually like? They must have brought less than 50 fans when they played the Mackems recently.

Its decent. I wouldnt consider it as one of the better followings who make their way to SJP, but their OK. Average numbers and decent noise.

I think they brought 1,000 or so to the mackems.

Guest black n white

a quite astonishing thread

these are astonishing times....bbc children in need raised enough money to pay for

jonathan ross's wages ..just

If we go down, we will be getting 15-25000 next season.

No you won't.

No you won't.

He meant outside the ground  :pow:

I think this season our home games have been a lot better in terms of atmosphere. Yesterday was decent when you look at how shite we were for the majority of the game. And against Citeh and Villa the crowd was very loud.