Sunday Motorbikes

Guest Open_C

I was across at the Lakes today, and as I was starting early and finishing rush hour time, I thought I'd go the Alston way.  Scenic and relaxing, usually a pleasure to drive.  Forgot that it was a Sunday, though, so it was ruined by bloody motorbikes.  It's not just the big and beautiful roads, either.  I live near Rothbury; every Sunday we have the same thing.

It's not that these people seem to think they're involved in a race which nobody else is aware of.  It's not that I mind getting overtaken.  It's more the blatant flouting of the law that they get away with, coupled with the number of signs and adverts which say, "please, car drivers, be very careful: there may be a fuckwit motorbike driver performing some insane manoeuver somewhere near by, so could you just let them do what they want for this one day?"

Seriously; it's like because they've bought a machine that can go to 120mph in no time at all, they feel that they should be able to (irrespective of the speed limit on the road), and the police seem to do absolutely nothing about it.  I bet owners of performance cars aren't afforded that luxury, even though they could nip out, past and back in just as easily.  They don't think twice about a stupid, futile overtaking move which then forces you to brake so they can get back in.  They do my bloody head in.  Is it just me that gets fucked off with this sort of thing?

in my experience, they are taking their time if they are passing you at 120.

My brother in law had a bike last year, he was doing, 140 on the way back from the lakes, when two bike overtook him, leaving him trailing, he rekons they were easily doing 180.

these fuckers are crazy.

sundays up the Alston way is like the isle of man TT,  why not put cameras up there?

Guest firetotheworks

My dads well into his bikes and he hates these fuckers aswell. They usually target the lakes and other certain places that decent riders avoid. According to my dad theres more laws that need to come in to protect riders but these nutters are holding it all back because car drivers see these and thats there perception of all riders.

Guest lankybellwipe

A couple of lads at work were TT fanatics etc, and started to go to a circuit to muck about, rather than put danger on the public highway - good on them!  but one of them STILL managed to fall off, doing over the ton, and destroy the ligaments in his arm!

What a bellend cockend pisswipe/flap/boiler twat!

:lol:

Guest lankybellwipe

Indeed.

The sad thing is, I'm a nice guy (or, at least, I think I am), but I wish accidents on these people every Sunday.

According to my dad theres more laws that need to come in to protect riders but these nutters are holding it all back because car drivers see these and thats there perception of all riders.

Aye, that's what gets me most of all; the protection of people who are flagrantly disregarding normal rules of the road and still expecting extra consideration. 

This advert was the one that finally did it for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl0_9QHaqfg

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but the car driver is turning right and (assuming he's indicated, of course - but it's not just bikers who benefit from people using their winkers, like), the biker should wait for him to get off the road before getting past.  If a car crashed into me in exactly these circumstances, I wouldn't have thought the driver would have a leg to stand on.  How is the driver of the car the person at fault in this advert?

"Look out for eachother!" ?

should state -

"Look out for bikers, or couriers in too much of a hurry!"