Disingenuous Beggars

Guest elbee909

Guest elbee909

Just walking home through town after a mate's birthday dinner, all nice and Christmassy.  I see a bloke up ahead ask two women for money; he pockets this, then starts walking down the street, with his back to me.  After twenty seconds or so, he turns round to me, obviously assuming I didn't notice his actions just prior, and pulls out the "'ere mate, you got 40p for the telephone?".  Yep, uh-huh, sure.

I say "Nah, I think you got that from those two women just there."

Whereupon his manner instantly changes; he spits out "That was 10p, and I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't desperate, would I?"  (Must be some phone call... ?)  Then releases a surprising tirade of verbal abuse.  "Well, I'm not giving you anything now am I?", says I.  I suppose some people don't like it when they're rumbled.

Penis.  Here's an idea - don't base your whole strategy on an obvious fucking lie, and don't act the obviously shifty twat.  "Oh I know, I'll walk along a bit and then spool out the bullshit to the next person along."  It's fuckers like this that are taking from those that really need it; and it's not my fault that I can sense bullshit from (literally) 20 metres away.  I don't tend to feel generous to someone who's insulting my intelligence, and who's eroding sympathy from those that need it the more.

(This doesn't quite beat the time when a quite expensively clothed bloke was standing astride a mountain bike - seriously - asking me for money, and whinged "I just want something to eat!"  Sell the bike, maybe?  And if it's stolen... fuck off?)

I make regular contributions to Shelter incidentally, it's not like I'm 'against the homeless'; shit happens, I was brought up by a single mum who struggled to make ends meet.  So when these fucks try to pull the fast one, I can't help but get to hoping they end up stabbed in a fucking gutter somewhere.  Do society a favour, you fucking parasite. 

Merry Christmas! :)

A woman at Central Station once asked me "for 50p, so I can get housed and that."

I'm getting ripped off on rent if she's getting a place for 50p.

You get what you pay for, she was obviously looking at a nice place in Sunderland.

Guest LucaAltieri

A woman at Central Station once asked me "for 50p, so I can get housed and that."

I'm getting ripped off on rent if she's getting a place for 50p.

You're clearly paying over the odds.

Anyway, yes, when I was last speaking to a homeless person (you have to speak to the riff raff from time to time, make sure they're not organising an uprising) they mentioned it can cost them £10-£15 for a bed and wash at some shelters.

Surely that can't be right?

Guest nufc_kev

When I was waiting for the bus to Cardiff in 2005 some lad came up to me in Haymarket and asked me for '50p coz itz me mams birfday'.

I offered him a scotch egg.

He duly accepted.

Guest Stephen927

I'd give them a bit money if I knew for a fact they wouldn't spend it on booze or drugs.

I'm a sucker if I'm out in town and in some bars with those lads in the toilets with the soap and spray, always give a couple quid to them.  :lol:

I'd give them a bit money if I knew for a fact they wouldn't spend it on booze or drugs.

I'm a sucker if I'm out in town and in some bars with those lads in the toilets with the soap and spray, always give a couple quid to them.  :lol:

I haggle, such a pikey me  :blush:

Guest Stephen927

Do you even HAVE to pay them? I haven't got the heart to wash me hands with their liquid (teehee) then just walk away  :lol:

Do you even HAVE to pay them? I haven't got the heart to wash me hands with their liquid (teehee) then just walk away  :lol:

Is that not classed as paying them for a sexual favour?

When I was in Amsterdam last week a tramp came up to me and said 'Can I borrow 100 euro's?'

What is the point of even asking.

I think it was Parky started a thread on here ages ago about the beggars that hang round cashpoints. Aye righto mate, here's a tenner.

That bloke who has been doing the begging line for about 10 years with "I have lost my bus fare line", when I see him coming now I just "NO". I think sometimes he just walking past & I say no on auto pilot.

I was caught on the hop a few weeks back loads of bags at the bus near Pilgrim Street cop shop & this bloke pops up from nowhere & says "Mate I have just got out of a cell any chance you can lend me 50p for me bus fare" so I did. Few weeks later near Greggs next to the Bigg Market same bloke "Mate any cha....", Me reply "I loaned you 50p a few weeks back pal".

Going back about 7 years, I was cutting through the Haymarket metro station & these 2 kids approach me "Can you lend me a quid to get to Hartlepool" , my reply "No". I walk away & the kid says to his mate really loud "About time I started breaking some shoulders". :lol:

Best ever was the time I was approached on the Quayside by a bloke with a petrol can, he said "Excuse me, I have come out with bairns wallet (he showed me this wallet) & I have ran out of petrol, can you loan me £2 so I can get enough petrol to get home". Luckily for me I had saw the same bloke try the same scam a few weeks before & I told I had spotted him doing it, he walked off.

I think I get approached a lot because I have young face & they think they can intimidate me or I am easy prey.

That bloke who has been doing the begging line for about 10 years with "I have lost my bus fare line", when I see him coming now I just "NO". I think sometimes he just walking past & I say no on auto pilot.

I was caught on the hop a few weeks back loads of bags at the bus near Pilgrim Street cop shop & this bloke pops up from nowhere & says "Mate I have just got out of a cell any chance you can lend me 50p for me bus fare" so I did. Few weeks later near Greggs next to the Bigg Market same bloke "Mate any cha....", Me reply "I loaned you 50p a few weeks back pal".

Going back about 7 years, I was cutting through the Haymarket metro station & these 2 kids approach me "Can you lend me a quid to get to Hartlepool" , my reply "No". I walk away & the kid says to his mate really loud "About time I started breaking some shoulders". :lol:

Best ever was the time I was approached on the Quayside by a bloke with a petrol can, he said "Excuse me, I have come out with bairns wallet (he showed me this wallet) & I have ran out of petrol, can you loan me £2 so I can get enough petrol to get home". Luckily for me I had saw the same bloke try the same scam a few weeks before & I told I had spotted him doing it, he walked off.

I think I get approached a lot because I have young face & they think they can intimidate me or I am easy prey.

Always used to get that story around the police station when I worked in town, think it's a regular con.

one of the lads I live with and myself were walking down Shields Road the other week, when I was stopped by a horrible state of a young lass (about 16) for "40p for the phone."  I said I had no change (the truth!) and she said that I was lying.  So we kept walking, and she said "giz what ya got then" and I said "no."  She went "what ya got?" and I said "no change" she said "fine then, I'll take what ya got.  Fiver.  Gizza fiver then".  I declined again, she threatened to punch me, I laughed and then she let us go, hurling abuse as we walked off.

Where the fuck is the logic in what she was trying to achieve?  I don't know if I'd had given her 40p had I had it, as she was an spoiling my vision, however if I refused to give her 40p, was I really going to give her £5?  Fucking thick bitch.

Dunno if this is a common excuse, but I've a feeling I've been stopped by this guy, he's been going for years!  Used to try his luck around the Haymarket, obviously no-one gives him anything so he's moved down Northumberland St!

The worst are the cunts that dont take no for an answer and then try to emotionally blackmail you. This guy approached me once, said he was stranded and needed petrol, that his pregnant wife was in his van and it was too cold to hang about. I said id no money on me, now no money on me usually means i cant give you anything because IVE FUCKING NOTHING ON ME! However he persisted with his fucking sob story, even went as far as saying "i can go with you to a bank machine" :lol: I said no chance mate, tried to walk away and he persisted still, i was going to headbutt the fucker, but thought fuck it and gave him a fiver, i would happily get rid of it to get rid of him! Guess what? Not good enough, still wanted more, so i just walked away. Usually a no gets rid of them, but this guy was keen and fair play, he got what he wanted.

What annoys me is the street was full of people and he came to me ffs, guess ive the same problem as Thespence.

i had some cunt once ring me doorbell at around 6am on a saturday morning asking for money. said he lived next door (didn't because i know me neighbours) and his wife had gone into labour and the taxi driver needed the exact change. wouldn't take no for a fuckin answer until i pointed out that he had a can of super t that he was trying to hide in his back pocket. he mumbled something once i told him to fuck off as it was fuckin early

i had some cunt once ring me doorbell at around 6am on a saturday morning asking for money. said he lived next door (didn't because i know me neighbours) and his wife had gone into labour and the taxi driver needed the exact change. wouldn't take no for a fuckin answer until i pointed out that he had a can of super t that he was trying to hide in his back pocket. he mumbled something once i told him to fuck off as it was fuckin early

Again I would lose my temper if some twat woke me up at 6am, coming round my house begging for money.