I'm f*cked!

olliemort

Got slated in a mystery shopper report this month.Only got 30 percent!Im getting called in to the office prob 2morrow to get a written warning.My friend at work told me this today when they got the training on the report.I have never got a warning before,nothing.I even got 95 percent in a mystery shopper before and got no thanks for it!Such bad timing Im off to New York in 4 weeks with the bird and Im already strapped for cash.Im bricking it now

just gone through that myself.  I've you've got 95% in a mystery shopper before and have nowt on your record, you shouldn't be too bad (I had a squeeky clean record when I fucked up).  I've got a first written warning, which is "live" on my file for 13 weeks.

Don't expect to be let off lightly, but from what you're saying, I wouldn't expect the sack, especially as its nearing Christmas, they're not going to want to have to fanny on finding a replacement at such a busy period.

Wouldnt worry about it to be honest.

They should put you on a 'performance' review plan before a written warning letter.

If not, contest it and state this was the first and only time it would happen, you were just having an off day and ask them to take into consideration previous 'shops'.

You will be ok.

/takes Team Manager hat off.

Where do you work?

Sports shop in Galway,Ireland

just gone through that myself.  I've you've got 95% in a mystery shopper before and have nowt on your record, you shouldn't be too bad (I had a squeeky clean record when I f***ed up).  I've got a first written warning, which is "live" on my file for 13 weeks.

Don't expect to be let off lightly, but from what you're saying, I wouldn't expect the sack, especially as its nearing Christmas, they're not going to want to have to fanny on finding a replacement at such a busy period.

I know I would have settled for 2 verbals but I think a written one is a bit harsh.The thing is with this recession shit and its alot quieter this year compared to others, they would only be happy to give me the sack.They have being cutting hours like fuck lately as well.So they will give me a written warning then all I have to do is be late for work or something stupid and they can get rid then.

Trust me this company couldnt give a fuck if its xmas or not.It was a struggle for me just to get the 2 holidays days off to go New york

Wouldnt worry about it to be honest.

They should put you on a 'performance' review plan before a written warning letter.

If not, contest it and state this was the first and only time it would happen, you were just having an off day and ask them to take into consideration previous 'shops'.

You will be ok.

/takes Team Manager hat off.

Yeah was going to say that alright that I was having an off day.They should is right but they wont.The thing is the managers in the store are grand,they would give me a telling off.Its the area manager,shes a fucking whore and there terified of her

Where do you work?

just gone through that myself.  I've you've got 95% in a mystery shopper before and have nowt on your record, you shouldn't be too bad (I had a squeeky clean record when I f***ed up).  I've got a first written warning, which is "live" on my file for 13 weeks.

I know I would have settled for 2 verbals but I think a written one is a bit harsh.The thing is with this recession s*** and its alot quieter this year compared to others, they would only be happy to give me the sack.They have being cutting hours like f*** lately as well.So they will give me a written warning then all I have to do is be late for work or something stupid and they can get rid then.

Trust me this company couldnt give a f*** if its xmas or not.It was a struggle for me just to get the 2 holidays days off to go New york

I wouldn't worry, you'll be OK.  As MattyP said, contest the decision if the worst happens and they do give you the sack, as it does seem petty.   Tell them you had other things on your mind that day, that play in your favour, obviously. (I'm not advocating that you bullshit, but do if needs be, they're not to know).

As for the bit I put in bold, make sure you're not late.  At the minute I'm doing everything by the book, conducting myself properly, not pissing about, filling in my logbook, checking freezer temperatures on a regular basis etc.  I used to slack off on these things, but for 13 weeks I'm not for my own sake.  Sure your work colleagues might jip you for being a bit of a goody two shoes etc, but they'd do exactly the same.

Where do you work?

I know I would have settled for 2 verbals but I think a written one is a bit harsh.The thing is with this recession s*** and its alot quieter this year compared to others, they would only be happy to give me the sack.They have being cutting hours like f*** lately as well.So they will give me a written warning then all I have to do is be late for work or something stupid and they can get rid then.

Trust me this company couldnt give a f*** if its xmas or not.It was a struggle for me just to get the 2 holidays days off to go New york

I wouldn't worry, you'll be OK.  As MattyP said, contest the decision if the worst happens and they do give you the sack, as it does seem petty.   Tell them you had other things on your mind that day, that play in your favour, obviously. (I'm not advocating that you bullshit, but do if needs be, they're not to know).

As for the bit I put in bold, make sure you're not late.  At the minute I'm doing everything by the book, conducting myself properly, not pissing about, filling in my logbook, checking freezer temperatures on a regular basis etc.  I used to slack off on these things, but for 13 weeks I'm not for my own sake.  Sure your work colleagues might jip you for being a bit of a goody two shoes etc, but they'd do exactly the same.

When you say ''contest'' the decison what do you mean by this?We dont have a union in the place which I should have known will screw us all in the end.Ya man sure I was getting abuse for helping customers more than usual last day,but I couldnt give a shit!Im not going to give them any excuses.I dont think they will sack me straight away but I will get a written warning first,then they will be trying there best after that to give me a verbal its the type of cunts they are!My mate said I should appeal the written warning as 2 others in work got just as bad reports and they only got warnings

What the hell's a mystery shopper report? Presumably someone with a false moustache pretending to buy trainers and you were, what rude, useless? What are you marked on?

Shops pay for independent assessment of customer service.

Basically you get points for smiling at people, and saying 'good morning' and packing their shopping neatly, while chatting about the weather and saying please and thankyou.

Guest Heneage

What the hell's a mystery shopper report? Presumably someone with a false moustache pretending to buy trainers and you were, what rude, useless? What are you marked on?

Shops pay for independent assessment of customer service.

Basically you get points for smiling at people, and saying 'good morning' and packing their shopping neatly, while chatting about the weather and saying please and thankyou.

Hello sir how shit is the weather please and thank you."

:laugh:

Marked on everything man.I lost points for not offering him a bag when he bought socks for gods sakes!He was buying a weights bench.I apparently said to him he should go for the bigger one because of his build.They toke it up as if I called him fat.But one of the benchs is very narrow so not apporiate for someone with broad shoulders.He said that I had no interest in my job and acted like I didnt want to be there.

Got slated in a mystery shopper report this month.Only got 30 percent!Im getting called in to the office prob 2morrow to get a written warning.My friend at work told me this today when they got the training on the report.I have never got a warning before,nothing.I even got 95 percent in a mystery shopper before and got no thanks for it!Such bad timing Im off to New York in 4 weeks with the bird and Im already strapped for cash.Im bricking it now

I'm not sure of Irish employment law but I would be surprised if a decision on the outcome of a disciplinary hearing before it took place was allowed.  A tribunal over here would have a field day if that happened and was proven.

I'm not sure of Irish employment law but I would be surprised if a decision on the outcome of a disciplinary hearing before it took place was allowed.  A tribunal over here would have a field day if that happened and was proven.

Interesting.....will have to look into that but Im sure these fuckers will have some  way around it

Ketsbaia's Shiny Head of this very forum has been a mystery shopper before.

Still am haha. easiest payday in history!

Guest Heneage

how do you get the work?

:rant:

Bastards!

My bro does it as well and he went in to M and S went up to my friend whose working there  and told him hes the mystery shopper. :lol:

He gave him a great review,making up s*** and everything.He got a nice voucher and a pay rise outta it

how do you get the work?

Well the JobShop at Uni send me emails and one week it said there were some mystery shopping gigs. sent them an email with CV and covering letter and eventually they got back in touch to say I got the job. about time too! haha. the company is called TNS Mystery Shopping, and every couple of weeks theyll put a list of assignments up there to choose from.