Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 22/11/08 - pre-match thread

Dave

If I was Joe I would talk up Chelsea players getting knocks before there next CL game.

The old "We are battling for our lives, our players are going to be going into every challenge robust & hard....I see Chelsea have CL game a few days later that is no concern to me"

If I was Joe I would talk up Chelsea players getting knocks before there next CL game.

The old "We are battling for our lives, our players are going to be going into every challenge robust & hard....I see Chelsea have CL game a few days later that is no concern to me"

you sir, speaketh a rather good idea

you sir, speaketh a rather good idea

They may give some of there subs from the WBA game a run out:Ballack, Drogba, Ferreira,Ashley Cole, Sinclair & Mineiro.

Would like to see taylor back for this one and would also use Owen instead of sHOLA.

Bassong instead of Enrique and Nzogbia for Duff.

Just that

Usually I'd agree, however Ameobi has to play against Chelsea.

The reality is, we're not going to be able to play them off the park with our footballing ability, and we need a big targetman up forward so at least when we're pumping our long balls out of defence, we've got a semi-chance of winning the ball.

If we play Owen and Martins up there, they won't touch the ball.

Guest toonlass

I think JFK will play these lot (who I would have in the blue btw)

Given

Beye          Colo            Taylor (Bassong)      Enrique

Jonas        Guthrie (Geremi)         Butt (Guthrie)     Duff (For the love of God I don't know how he gets a game over Zoggy)

Shola(Oba)             Owen

Score 4-1 to Chelski with me being optimistic on our part!

I have a weird feeling that JK will go with something like:

Given

Beye  Colo  Taylor  N'Zogbia

Jonas  Butt  Guthrie  Duff  Martins

Ameobi

That might actually be alright.

Really? I reckon we'd get raped down that left hand side, and would never get out of our own half.

Chelsea to win it through a 4 yards-offside-goal.

But in all seriousness, perhaps the best bet is to, sadly, go there to frustrate them. "Go for it" and you'll be brutally penetrated, John Bunnell style.

3-1

Guest Darth Toon

It isn't going to be pretty - lets just try and keep the rectal humping to a level that allows us to walk again in time for the Boro game..... :weep: