Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 22/11/08 - pre-match thread

Dave

I've got to say i'm really looking forward to the day out and knees up down Covent Garden on Saturday night.

The match less so...

ditto one of those where you go for the craic rather than the match

Exactly. With it only being a small away allocation and the impending tonking, i reckon it'll be one of those defianly good atmosphere's from the travelling fans.

I'm planning to get extremely drunk before kick off, lose my voice during the match, end up passing out before 10pm and barely being able to remember the spanking by the next day. Should be a classic.

I remember under KK in 94/95, going to QPR and being 3-0 down after 20 minutes. The away end never stopped singing the entire game. Twas quite incredible.

I remember under KK in 94/95, going to QPR and being 3-0 down after 20 minutes. The away end never stopped singing the entire game. Twas quite incredible.

I'd love to be optimistic about the game, but I'm far more excited about the noise that'll be coming from the away end.

I've got to say i'm really looking forward to the day out and knees up down Covent Garden on Saturday night.

The match less so...

ditto one of those where you go for the craic rather than the match

Exactly. With it only being a small away allocation and the impending tonking, i reckon it'll be one of those defianly good atmosphere's from the travelling fans.

How many did we sell then? Have to say I'm not looking forward the game at all, think it could get embarrassing. I'm drinking in Covent Garden too actually. Know a nice bar just a way down from the Ted Baker shop if anyone see's that, can't remember the name but it's all white with huge bar. Pretty cheap too and all very civilized. :aww: :hom:

We should be abloe to fortfit this match and use it as rest time, they will destroy us I just hope its not a massive score line.

But seeing as how we will have to play them we should go with this and go down fighting

----------------Given

--Beye--------Coko-------------Bass----

-------Guth---------------Butt

-Duff----------Jonas-------------Zoggy

---------Owen----------Oba

Super duper Hooper.

half the team were out with flu that game iirc, we were bollocks all over the pitch

Super duper Hooper.

half the team were out with flu that game iirc, we were bollocks all over the pitch

For some reason i can recall the 94/95 season review video pretty vividly. Alan Nielson was playing n'all. :lol:  Think the next featured game on the vid was a 0-2 loss at Liverpool where Fowler and Ruddock did this proper weird celebration.

Strange how you remember some stuff. I can remember watching that vid a few times as a little'un and thinking Paul Kitson was fucking mint.

Super duper Hooper.

For some reason i can recall the 94/95 season review video pretty vividly. Alan Nielson was playing n'all. :lol:  Think the next featured game on the vid was a 0-2 loss at Liverpool where Fowler and Ruddock did this proper weird celebration.

Strange how you remember some stuff. I can remember watching that vid a few times as a little'un and thinking Paul Kitson was f***ing mint.

94/95: the complete story. ie not quite the Entertainers anymore

if Kitson was at that club today he'd probably be a cult hero, moreso than Sibierski tbh. Scored goals, good lad. Had a hell of a touch on him at times. Never quite matched up to Beardsley, Cole and Ferdinand though

IIRC, the side we drew at Old Trafford with was

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - N'Zogbia

CB - Coloccini

CB - Taylor

RM - Milner

LM - Gutierrez

CM - Butt

CM - Guthrie

CF - Duff

CF - Martins

So I'd swap Duff to RM, and put Owen up front in the position vacated by Milner, and go for it.

Super duper Hooper.

Strange how you remember some stuff. I can remember watching that vid a few times as a little'un and thinking Paul Kitson was f***ing mint.

94/95: the complete story. ie not quite the Entertainers anymore

if Kitson was at that club today he'd probably be a cult hero, moreso than Sibierski tbh. Scored goals, good lad. Had a hell of a touch on him at times. Never quite matched up to Beardsley, Cole and Ferdinand though

Yeah, scored about 12-15 goals that season I think. Wasn't the greatest, but if the board had replaced Cole quicker (;)), we might have had someone better and got into Europe that season.

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - N'Zogbia

CB - Coloccini

CB - Taylor

RM - Milner

LM - Gutierrez

CM - Butt

CM - Guthrie

CF - Duff

CF - Martins

So I'd swap Duff to RM, and put Owen up front in the position vacated by Milner, and go for it.

Sweet, got KK's number? :D

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - N'Zogbia

CB - Coloccini

CB - Taylor

RM - Milner

LM - Gutierrez

CM - Butt

CM - Guthrie

CF - Duff

CF - Martins

Sweet, got KK's number? :D

Not too sure, but I'm sure it starts +34...

We should be abloe to fortfit this match and use it as rest time, they will destroy us I just hope its not a massive score line.

But seeing as how we will have to play them we should go with this and go down fighting

----------------Given

--Beye--------Coko-------------Bass----

-------Guth---------------Butt

-Duff----------Jonas-------------Zoggy

---------Owen----------Oba

Every other week with the 3-5-2 Skirge, man. :doh: Jonas bang through the middle n'all? Och.