Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 22/11/08 - pre-match thread

Dave

From the sounds of it Zog will start at LB, and he might well start Owen head of Martins in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Would be harsh on Martins, and would probably stop any attacking threat we have (no pace), but might help slow the flow of goals at the other end... still can't see them scoring less 3 against our lot to be honest.

We got nothing to lose for this game, no one is expecting anything, so lets just hope we get a battling performance. We need some confidence that we at least gave it a go.

Guest Heneage

Ah well you have to play everybody some time.

:clap:

Bravo.

Well for all your piss taking, which seems to be the cool thing to do here with me.

People are getting stressed worried etc I'm not because I know that we'd have to play them sooner or later, if anything nows a good time to play them with the players missing they have. So we might as well just put chin up and hope for the best.

lol how about this, owen slightly pulled back? ah god knows, we'll get beat whatever we play - I just hope its not a thrashing...

----------------Given

Beye-----Colo--------Bass------Enrique

Jonas----Guth-------Butt-------Zoggy

---------------Owen

-------------------------Oba

:undecided:

lol how about this, owen slightly pulled back? ah god knows, we'll get beat whatever we play - I just hope its not a thrashing...

----------------Given

Beye-----Colo--------Bass------Enrique

Jonas----Guth-------Butt-------Zoggy

---------------Owen

-------------------------Oba

:undecided:

I'd go with that but I bet it doesn't happen.  That team would have picked up 3 points against Wigan.

We don't have a single point at Stamford Bridge in the last 8 seasons.  Even when we deserve a point we get ripped off with offside goals so I'm not expecting any points this time.  But all this thrashing talk is just getting on my tits, there's no reason to expect anything of the kind.

We don't have a single point at Stamford Bridge in the last 8 seasons.  Even when we deserve a point we get ripped off with offside goals so I'm not expecting any points this time.  But all this thrashing talk is just getting on my tits, there's no reason to expect anything of the kind.

Shut up man, this was all said before Man U away, just go along with it.

Shut up man, this was all said before Man U away, just go along with it.

Yep same bollocks was said back then, and I said the same as I am now.

I'd say our performance in the last game against a Wigan team without their two best players and down to 10 men hints at it.

If Football was that easy to predict nobody would watch it.  We've shown in quite a few games recently that we don't collapse when we lose a goal, so I don't see any reason to predict a thrashing.

We may show up and play reasonably, we may not and get thrashed. either way, no one expects anything other than defeat, so it wont really matter, as well expect to be in the relegation zone after saturday. we still wont go down, even if we get thrashed 10-0

We may show up and play reasonably, we may not and get thrashed. either way, no one expects anything other than defeat, so it wont really matter, as well expect to be in the relegation zone after saturday. we still wont go down, even if we get thrashed 10-0

Agree with this.

Depressing but true.