Fixing lag on xbox live?

Dr Venkman

Anyone got any experience of sorting out lag online?  I'm only getting it on gears of war and COD, fifa runs totally fine for me, which i guess is because EA have their own servers. I'm using a network adapter and when i test the connection everything is fine and the NAT reads open every time. Any help or ideas of where to start would be much appreciated.

Gears of war has lag issues at the moment which they're trying to fix, it's mainly due to connecting to American hosts, which is something they need to fix.

It's better to play during the day imo... lag free.

Not sure about COD, press the back button and check your connection status, while you're in a game, it should have 3 or 4 green bars to be more or less lag free, if it's in the orange or red then there's probably something wrong with your connection.

Saying that, how often is it? sometimes you just get unlucky and get stuck in a laggy match on COD, if it's not that often then there's nothing to worry about.

What speed is it?

Gears of war has lag issues at the moment which they're trying to fix, it's mainly due to connecting to American hosts, which is something they need to fix.

It's better to play during the day imo... lag free.

Not sure about COD, press the back button and check your connection status, while you're in a game, it should have 3 or 4 green bars to be more or less lag free, if it's in the orange or red then there's probably something wrong with your connection.

Saying that, how often is it? sometimes you just get unlucky and get stuck in a laggy match on COD, if it's not that often then there's nothing to worry about.

What speed is it?

there's always 3 or 4 green bars when i check, occasionally drops down but then climbs back up again straight away, i'm not sure what exact speed my internet is tbh. at the moment i'm getting lag in every single game of gears or cod, non with fifa ever

WTF was going on last night venk?? I could hear you perfectly, Think my mic might be gooshed!

What type of connection you got like?

haha could you? i couldnt hear a thing mate, i tried to get in to the cod game but it was full, its a bt broadband wireless router i use

You can do speed checks online, but I don't know if that just tells you upload/download speeds?

Your not downloading anything when you play are you?? our if you've only got say a 2meg connection You probably

wouldn't be able to use the net at the same time...

I'm not to sure then mate, like I said only real time I get lag is if my lass is on the internet..

Try ringing BT & tell them your having problems I'm sure they'll do a test or something?

yeah gonna have to try that i reckon, just did a dl\ul test and it was 2448/333

Anyone got any experience of sorting out lag online?  I'm only getting it on gears of war and COD, fifa runs totally fine for me, which i guess is because EA have their own servers. I'm using a network adapter and when i test the connection everything is fine and the NAT reads open every time. Any help or ideas of where to start would be much appreciated.

You opened the ports on your router mate?

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=Which%20ports%20does%20Xbox%20Live%20use

im getting butterflies! not long now ladies!

I get to play I mean test mine the morrow to make sure it's working before it gets wrapped up for x-mas......

Never thought i'd see the day.

Pardon? :)

You opened the ports on your router mate?

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=Which%20ports%20does%20Xbox%20Live%20use

yeah i looked into doing that when i was running my connection through my laptop, couldnt really sort it out though. after reading up on it it sounds like it either works, or doesnt work at all depending on opening those ports, rather than reducing lag?