New freekick strategy

Kaizero

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8807866/Serie-A-team-scores-after-dropping-shorts

ROME (AP) - Serie A side Catania has come up with a creative way to score from a free kick: block the goalkeeper's vision by having players drop their shorts down in a wall.

Better to be lucky than good. Better to pull your shorts down than be lucky. That's how the saying goes, right? (Francesco Pecoraro / Associated Press)

The Sicilian team carried out the maneuver to perfection when Giuseppe Mascara scored in Sunday's 3-2 win over Torino.

Three Catania players dropped their shorts down near their knees so Torino goalkeeper Matteo Sereni couldn't see Mascara's kick.

"This is a strategy that (Catania coach Walter) Zenga tries continually in training," the club's chief executive Pietro Lo Monaco told RAI state radio Monday.

Former referees coordinator Paolo Casarin called the move "unsportsmanlike and in bad taste.

"It's a trick that should not be tolerated anymore by the referees," Casarin said.

Lo Monaco responded, "A trick? I wouldn't say so. It's up to the referee to decide if it should be penalized, otherwise I don't see where the problem is....Good taste is relative."

:lol:

<Snip>

Still not sure if they were trying to hide the kick, so the keeper couldn't see the strike of the ball past their legs.  Or was it just a distraction to the Keeper.

I'm sure the referee had no idea what was going on, didn;t see anything going on with their shorts and had no reason to rule the goal off. I expect a FIFA ruling on this very soon.

Guest timmy boy

Barca scored a cracking free kick on the weekend. Alves ran as if he was going to shoot layed it off to Messi who peeled off the wall, in acres of space he turned and rifled it home.