If you could have one of them back....

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could have one player back that we sold in the past two transfer windows, (excluding the ones that are terrible/too old/Babayaro/Carr) who would it be?

Scott Parker just been called up for England again. And while we can all agree that he has his limitations, (horrible distribution, those "stupid pirouette things", and of course, telling your own fans to f*** off) his hard-tackling all-action style seems like precisely what we're lacking in midfield right now. He'd also be a goal threat from midfield, something none of our current players seem to be capable of. God knows we'd at least all rather have him than Nicky Butt.

Kieron Dyer is probably the best footballer on this list. Unfortunately, I think West Ham would be the ones wanting him back never mind us.

Emre is probably similar to Dyer in that he's a good influence to the team whenever he plays. Good luck with that though. Then again, considering that we've "replaced" him with the even-less reliable Nacho, his presence is missed.

Reliable central defenders are a commodity sorely lacking in our current squad, as we've been forced to recognize over the past couple of weeks. One can only wonder how many points we wouldn't have dropped if Abdoulaye Faye hadn't fallen out with Keegan. Oguchi Oneywu's physicality could also be an asset in our current backline, although I suppose if he was capable of playing in the Premiership he'd already be here by now. I think we'll all agree that the less said about Bramble or Rozhenal (can't even be bothered to spell his name right anymore,) the better.

Finally, it's hard not to mention our twelve-million-pound man, James Milner. While his price tag certainly justifies his departure, he would have been a useful squad member and more often than not better than Duff.

you forgot Craig Bellamy

Assuming you can't read then.

no, I said he forgot Craig Bellamy ie to put him in the list ? I wouldn't take any player back that we have sold in the last 2 years, but that will change if we lose Zoggy, Owen or Taylor, thanks to the actions of that soopa Mike Ashley.

Are you awake or just dozy dozing

If you could have one player back that we sold in the past two transfer windows, (excluding the ones that are terrible/too old/Babayaro/Carr) who would it be?

Scott Parker just been called up for England again. And while we can all agree that he has his limitations, (horrible distribution, those "stupid pirouette things", and of course, telling your own fans to f*** off) his hard-tackling all-action style seems like precisely what we're lacking in midfield right now. He'd also be a goal threat from midfield, something none of our current players seem to be capable of. God knows we'd at least all rather have him than Nicky Butt.

Kieron Dyer is probably the best footballer on this list. Unfortunately, I think West Ham would be the ones wanting him back never mind us.

Emre is probably similar to Dyer in that he's a good influence to the team whenever he plays. Good luck with that though. Then again, considering that we've "replaced" him with the even-less reliable Nacho, his presence is missed.

Reliable central defenders are a commodity sorely lacking in our current squad, as we've been forced to recognize over the past couple of weeks. One can only wonder how many points we wouldn't have dropped if Abdoulaye Faye hadn't fallen out with Keegan. Oguchi Oneywu's physicality could also be an asset in our current backline, although I suppose if he was capable of playing in the Premiership he'd already be here by now. I think we'll all agree that the less said about Bramble or Rozhenal (can't even be bothered to spell his name right anymore,) the better.

Finally, it's hard not to mention our twelve-million-pound man, James Milner. While his price tag certainly justifies his departure, he would have been a useful squad member and more often than not better than Duff.

Oh f*** off with that Ashley-Shepard nonsense too. The board has already donated an entire thread to your tiresome rubbish.

Oneywu has always been a mystery to me. He didn't seem spectacular when he was with us but always thought he might be worth another look, yet two years gone and no-one in a major European league has touched him. Is he that bad?

The lad's fucking huge, you'd think a couple Premier league teams (*cough* Stoke... *cough*) would be willing to offer him a contract on that basis alone.

Faye and Bramble are both miles ahead of what we have a CB excluding Colo and would both probably make a good partner for him

a fit Emre is better than all of our midfielders tbh, same goes for Dyer. Parker would do a better job than Butt certainly.

Milner is no better than Duff and not as effective as Jonas or N'zogbia

Rozenhal and Onyewu   :nope: