Guardian: Shearer clears way to become Newcastle manager

thewellander

At the very least Shearer should wait until the whole MA debacle has been sorted out. For him to take the job now would be terrible timing.

Unless Ashley has decided not to sell and will get rid of Wise.

Then the only way to win back the fans will to get Shearer and give him full control.

Or bring back Keegan and sack Wise, either one would win my favour. I'd still rather have KK back though, there was a great feeling around the club the both times he was here, I really miss that.

Throughout this whole fiasco, the one man who really has done his job well is Dennis Wise. Coloccini, Guthrie, Bassong, Jonas - all good buys at a reasonable outlay, plus some promising youngsters like Ranger. Xisco seems to be a blunder but in this game you can't be right all the time.

Yet he's the man that people seem most ready to sacrifice. That's one of life's little ironies. Ashley has made his mistakes, but one thing that does do him credit is that he was prepared to stick by his man despite all the pressure.

Feel free to disagree.

I thought Jimenez targeted the players and Wise recruited the Kids ,correct me if i am wrong .

Not 100% sure on how the roles were divided up, but if Wise's job was restricted to the youth set-up and not the first teamers, why is he in the firing line?

Thinking about it, as DOF his responsibilities must have been wider than that. It's been his list of transfer targets that have been compared to Keegan's and Kinnear's, even though others may have done the scouting.

Kinnear interview on Football Focus and Shearers name was mentioned in the studio and Lawro said "alan wont be at Newcastle while Ashleys still there "  in his opinion ,just wondering how much big Al  comments to others about his thoughts on the matter or are they just guessing  :mystery:

Kinnear interview on Football Focus and Shearers name was mentioned in the studio and Lawro said "alan wont be at Newcastle while Ashleys still there "  in his opinion ,just wondering how much big Al  comments to others about his thoughts on the matter or are they just guessing  :mystery:

My guess would be that as they work together on MOTD, he knows that's Alan's opinion

Guest JamesyJazz

Shearer should learn the trade in the same way as Fergie has,E.Stirling,St.Mirren,Aberdeen,Manure.By that i mean that he should start in the lower divisions,prove himself,hone and fine tune the necessary skills required by managerial greats and then and only then should he be considered for the Toon job.

I think it's hard to make this argument now that Southgate, Keane, Adams and others of Shearer's generation have been given a start in the top flight without the kind of lower-league training you describe. Only Ince went through this, and one suspects the only reason he had to is because he's black.

Didn't Adams have a shot with Wycombe for a year before resigning?Southgate and Keanes records so far are pretty poor.Ok Keane got the sh**e out of the Championship fair do's.I stick to my opinion that learning the ropes down in lower divisions  is the way forward,or being apprenticed to an already established manager,i.e Adams and Rednap.