Guardian: Shearer clears way to become Newcastle manager

thewellander

Yawn.

Go get some sleep if your tired. God knows your on here long enough.

Fail x2.

Alan Shearer strikes me as a very principled man, so yeah, in the same circumstances I reckon he'd have walked too.

Any excuse to have yet another go at Keegan though, you ungrateful little twerp.

Another grammar triumph! Well done! Give yourself a hand!

Your arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

Ungrateful? From where I stand Keegan was given a job he wanted. Was paid £3 million a year to do the job. Agreed to a setup put in place. Acted as though all was well. Started the season well. Then suddenly leaves at the most inopportune moment.

That's my opinion. Keegan handled the situation just as badly as Ashley and his pals did. Simple as that.

Do you have details of his contract to say how much he was being paid?

Do you have details of exactly what went on at the time of Keegan's departure?

No, but no one else does either!

Look ... please, it's not my intention to start up another one of these arguments, as they irritate me as much as they do most on here.

All I said was that I think Shearer is more sensible and reasonable, and I didn't think Shearer would have left the club so easily under the same circumstances. I think he's more of a fighter than that. I honestly wasn't trying to have a go at Keegan, although I can now see how it might have come accross that way.

Keegan is a great person and has been a great manager, but I have always felt he had a bit of a personality flaw as far as his temperament goes. Just my opinion.

Shearer would've had the exact same problems as Keegan. there's no telling how it wouldve worked out but im sure he wouldnt have stuck around while some clown bought shit players behind his back and tried putting him in his place. whether shearer wouldve confronted llambias and wise and issued an ultimatum as keegan is reported to have done - or whether he wouldve done something different, is anyone's guess. but if he was met with an owner who refused to change the system no matter what (even to the point of selling the club which is bizarre) then he'd ultimately have met the same fate.

managers dont like board interference and that's true whether you're keegan, shearer, curbishley, redknapp or deschamps.

In a nutshell.

Kevin Keegan has done wonders for this club and it just depresses me to seem him slagged off on a more and more regular basis. I think it's pretty pathetic how people have turned so quickly against someone who had a huge hand in making NUFC what it is today.

At this point in time I don't know exactly what went on so the man remains one of my heroes.

A sad fact as well Dave is that if it wasn't for Keegan in some way, a lot of the nimrods on here wouldn't even support Newcastle United.

doesn't mean he's omnipotent though does it.

Nice word Madras. :D

Kevin Keegan has done wonders for this club and it just depresses me to seem him slagged off on a more and more regular basis. I think it's pretty pathetic how people have turned so quickly against someone who had a huge hand in making NUFC what it is today.

At this point in time I don't know exactly what went on so the man remains one of my heroes.

I think whats worse is the people who admit they don't know what went on yet are happy to turn against the club in support of an individual because of who he is.

A sad fact as well Dave is that if it wasn't for Keegan in some way, a lot of the nimrods on here wouldn't even support Newcastle United.

If Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End hadnt of merged there wouldnt be a Newcastle United no one would support them, who cares?

http://www.bangitout.com/uploads/61aliG.jpg

West side is da best :snod:

doesn't mean he's omnipotent though does it.

Nice word Madras. :D

yes. Madras is as good a word as there is.

I think whats worse is the people who admit they don't know what went on yet are happy to turn against the club in support of an individual because of who he is.

It's not turning against the club though. I still go to games, I will still support the team. It's turning against the owner, not the club. There's a difference.

freddy shepherd helped out a bit aswell you know dave, i dont see you so quick to defend him  >:D

Yawn.

Fail x2.

Alan Shearer strikes me as a very principled man, so yeah, in the same circumstances I reckon he'd have walked too.

Any excuse to have yet another go at Keegan though, you ungrateful little twerp.

Ungrateful? From where I stand Keegan was given a job he wanted. Was paid £3 million a year to do the job. Agreed to a setup put in place. Acted as though all was well. Started the season well. Then suddenly leaves at the most inopportune moment.

That's my opinion. Keegan handled the situation just as badly as Ashley and his pals did. Simple as that.

Look ... please, it's not my intention to start up another one of these arguments, as they irritate me as much as they do most on here.

All I said was that I think Shearer is more sensible and reasonable, and I didn't think Shearer would have left the club so easily under the same circumstances. I think he's more of a fighter than that. I honestly wasn't trying to have a go at Keegan, although I can now see how it might have come accross that way.

Keegan is a great person and has been a great manager, but I have always felt he had a bit of a personality flaw as far as his temperament goes. Just my opinion.

Shearer would've had the exact same problems as Keegan. there's no telling how it wouldve worked out but im sure he wouldnt have stuck around while some clown bought shit players behind his back and tried putting him in his place. whether shearer wouldve confronted llambias and wise and issued an ultimatum as keegan is reported to have done - or whether he wouldve done something different, is anyone's guess. but if he was met with an owner who refused to change the system no matter what (even to the point of selling the club which is bizarre) then he'd ultimately have met the same fate.

managers dont like board interference and that's true whether you're keegan, shearer, curbishley, redknapp or deschamps.

Aye that Coloccini's shit, should have got Anton Ferdinand instead.

Guest elbee909

Just grabbed this so squabble away     Imho Shearer would be ideal for us and anyone who says no managerial experience may i just type Kevin Keegan.

Or Paul Ince, or Gianfranco Zola.

Or Eric, of Acacia Avenue.

Yawn.

Fail x2.

Obviously you know for a fact Keegan wanted Ferdinand I presume?

Yawn.

Fail x2.

Shearer would've had the exact same problems as Keegan. there's no telling how it wouldve worked out but im sure he wouldnt have stuck around while some clown bought s*** players behind his back and tried putting him in his place. whether shearer wouldve confronted llambias and wise and issued an ultimatum as keegan is reported to have done - or whether he wouldve done something different, is anyone's guess. but if he was met with an owner who refused to change the system no matter what (even to the point of selling the club which is bizarre) then he'd ultimately have met the same fate.

Aye that Coloccini's s***, should have got Anton Ferdinand instead.

Obviously you know for a fact Keegan wanted Ferdinand I presume?

i know it's as much a fact as keegan had no say in transfer dealings.

If Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End hadnt of merged there wouldnt be a Newcastle United no one would support them, who cares?

Ignorant as fuck.

Its not ignorance. Everyone knows what Keegan has done for this club in his 1st spell as manager here, everyone knows he played a huge part in making the club as big as it is today and yes that plays a part in people outside of Newcastle currently supporting them, but what was the purpose in pointing that out as if those people have zero respect for the man and dont give him enough credit?

Guest Heneage

See I am 110% with you, and I appreciate what he did and I thank him greatly for putting us in the top division and everythin he did for us. But I also wish he hadn't left as I feel it put us up the creek, why he couldn't have just stayed till January.

See I am 110% with you, and I appreciate what he did and I thank him greatly for putting us in the top division and everythin he did for us. But I also wish he hadn't left as I feel it put us up the creek, why he couldn't have just stayed till January.

I was gonna make the same post earlier, i dont see why he couldnt have stayed until December 31st for the sake of getting points on the table, then leave before the next window. Unless of course the problems were alot greater than buying and selling players.

Guest Heneage

I was gonna make the same post earlier, i dont see why he couldnt have stayed until December 31st for the sake of getting points on the table, then leave before the next window. Unless of course the problems were alot greater than buying and selling players.

Even still could he not have done it for fans, as like a favour he'd still be earning his money, had he said "Right I go in January we tell nobody" but it just seems his pride got in the way.

Pathetic. Once we get over Shearer at the helm, and if it hasn't destroyed us too much, we can become a propper football club.

Will you be saying we arnt a proper football club if he is successful here?

Nobody has turned against the club, the people above the manager were buying players despite the manager with experience tellign them he needed players in specfic areas was ignored.

It's a bit like when you go into a shop and there is no Coke left and the bloke says. "Here try Nesticola it's more or less the same, we'll have Coke back in a couple of weeks".

Nobody has turned against the club, the people above the manager were buying players despite the manager with experience tellign them he needed players in specfic areas was ignored.

Obviously you know that for a fact I presume?

As Tooj would say.

Yawn.

Fail x2.

Keegan seemed both aware of, and pleased with, the jonas, colo and guthrie transfers, so i wouldn't say they were done 'behind his back' as some other deals and attempted deals. mind you all three of them need to step up considerably to be a success here, none more so than Colo who has failed to adapt to the league so far.

As Tooj would say.

Glad the question I asked you was of such insignificance that you thought to ignore it, yet belittle it in another post.

Yawn.

Fail x2.

Keegan seemed both aware of, and pleased with, the jonas, colo and guthrie transfers, so i wouldn't say they were done 'behind his back' as some other deals and attempted deals. mind you all three of them need to step up considerably to be a success here, none more so than Colo who has failed to adapt to the league so far.

Keegan said himself after the Man Utd game that Jimenez said "We've got this lad in called Spiderman" but he didn't know anything about Jonas and had to look him up on the internet.

You've either got a problem with players being brought in by others or you haven't.

The club seems to be in an impossible situation.

Given the circumstances, may as well give Shearer a go. It's risky yes, but tell me someone who wouldn't be a risk, and that NUFC could realistically tempt to SJP.

I just hope that, if he does become manager, fans as a whole realise he isn't going to work miracles and the club could be relatively in the s****er for a bit longer.

As Tooj would say.

Glad the question I asked you was of such insignificance that you thought to ignore it, yet belittle it in another post.

How do I know Keegan wanted Ferdinand?

I read it in the same papers that reported all of the problems behind the scenes which turned out to be correct, unless we're only allowed to believe anything they write that backs up our agenda.