So; are you an alcoholic?

Gash

Based on the "Are you drunk thread" here are the definitions of being an alchy, select the ones you do/are!  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the "Are you drunk thread" here are the definitions of being an alchy, select the ones you do/are!

• Drinking Alone
    • Making Excuses, Finding Excuses to Drink
    • Daily or Frequent Drinking Needed to Function
    • Inability to Reduce or Stop Alcohol Intake
    • Violent Episodes Associated with Drinking
    • Drinking Secretly
    • Becoming Angry When Confronted About Drinking
    • Poorer Eating Habits
    • Failure to Care for Physical Appearance
    • Trembling in the Morning

None of them apply to me, except very slightly the 2nd point. I don't go out every weekend for the sole reason to get pissed, but that's a bi-product of it. I may be subconsciously going out just to get drunk, I dunno, probably complicating that point way too much.

I drink very little for someone who is within the biggest drinking years of his life. I always have a few cans if I'm watching the match or whatever, but it's only very occasionally that I go out and get totally ratarsed.

Guest lankybellwipe

Two pints at lunch and I get stared at like I'm a murderer.  Then again this is in the states.

Yeah I'm an alcoholic.

Don't doodles call pints 'beers' ?

Imagine going into the bar a in Cheers, and asking thick Woody for a beer, and he gave you a half!!

I'd shove the bastard right in his face, and ask to see the manageress immediately, where I'd ask if I could scuttle her as an apology from her for employing thicko's

Maybe the first one as well actually, but very rarely. Now and again like if I fancy a poker sesh on the net, or a bit stressed or something, I'll buy a few Magners or Red Stripe (Drinks to enjoy, more so than getting pissed on), but I just don't get pissed by self, much rather have a nice joint if anything. 

Drinking Alone - Sometimes, not very often, get in from work have a bevvie, or could be sitting having a few tinnies while me lass doesn't bother drinking.

Making Excuses, Finding Excuses to Drink - Always. - Oh its such n suchs Birthday, oh i hard a stinker today, needed to get out, just picking something up from someone in the pub, either that or that is just life in Whitley Bay, no too sure.

Violent Episodes Associated with Drinking - Not violence, but can get a bit arsey or argumentative. If someone has said something i don't like i'll tell them what i think whereas when im sober i'd probably not or just be a lot more tactful.

Overall, na i don't think i am.  ???

Only 1, which is drink alone, and im usually playing on the xbox with my mates having abit of banter with them, so im not sure if that is even alone.

i love drinking alone. if i'm early sundays i'll tell the Mrs i'm actually finished an hour or so later than I really am and find a quiet boozer in which to read the papers. also on my days off i'll often wait till they've all gone to bed before watching anything i want to watch on tv in peace and quiet with a bottle of wine or a few cans.

i love being on my own but i have to balance it with having a family.