What's your best plausible scenario...?

Rocker

....to end all this takeover and manager mess?

You write the script really, within the constraints of reality, if you don't mind.

Personally, I'd have Mike Ashley to come out and say he's not selling the club anymore, and gives us a detailed explanation of what happened, how he plans for it not to happen again, and how he now will give all control of first team affairs, ingoings and outgoings to the new manager, Alan Shearer.

Would possibly get Owen to tie down a deal, and would unify the fans, and possibly players again. EDIT

:blush:

If Ashley's staying then i'd rather he continued implementing the recruitment system he has at the moment, just this time with the right sort of manager. Unfortunately, that'll never be widely accepted so i'm basically just hoping it gets out as quick as he can. Very apathetic about the sale now, really, just want it done asap so we can get a manager.

Guest sicko2ndbest

A very wealthy owner who gives the manager his full backing (ala Randy Lerner). As much as i wouldnt turn down a Chelsea, Man City type takeover, i would feel a much greater sense of pride and achievement if we did it with up and coming top talent and good scouting, whilst being in the top 6 spenders

I would also love Shearer to be manager. Cannot think of a better time for him, with us having a decent nucleus of good but underperforming players. I would love to see who he could get to come to the club.

....to end all this takeover and manager mess?

You write the script really, within the constraints of reality, if you don't mind.

Personally, I'd have Mike Ashley to come out and say he's not selling the club anymore, and gives us a detailed explanation of what happened, how he plans for it not to happen again, and how he now will give all control of first team affairs, ingoings and outgoings to the new manager, Alan Shearer.

:blush:

The problem with all this is that he is a shit communicator and clearly doesn't give a fuck.

A very wealthy owner who gives the manager his full backing (ala Randy Lerner). As much as i wouldnt turn down a Chelsea, Man City type takeover, i would feel a much greater sense of pride and achievement if we did it with up and coming top talent and good scouting, whilst spending at the same time being in the top 6 spenders

That's why i like what we did this summer. Rather than throwing gazillions at the likes of Robinho who are simply whoring themselves about, looking for cash, knowing they could go absolutely anywhere they wanted. Bellamy, Robert, Speed, Dyer, Bernard were "our" top class players - we were the ones that unearthed them and made them what they were. It's the same for the likes of Jonas, Colo, Bassong (speaking potentially, obviously). It's more sincere and proper, whereas the City/Chelsea thing is just pretty fake.

Guest firetotheworks

My ideal situation would be what happened with Aston Villa, minus Martin O Neill and instead have Mourinho. I know its implausible but you said to write the script. have a manager that we might be taking a risk on, but one thats forward thinking and not the traditional British shite we've had since SBR went. Apart from Keegan.

EDIT: I Didnt read the thread title properly, schoolboy error.

Taken over by someone who:

( 1 ) has a genuine passion for football and

( 2 ) is willing to spend significantly and reasonably in the pursuit of the best interests of the club.

Also, I am not very sure about Alan Shearer's style of management. Kevin Keegan is still much more proven at this stage. If possible, hopefully, the new owner will be someone who Keegan can work with and we can always welcome Keegan back.

Another player I fondly remember for his beautiful game is David Ginola. I often wonder how would he be like if he is a manager/coach. Will the players and the style of play be as flamboyant as the man himself?

Mike Ashley and Dennis Wise disappear in a puff of smoke. Freddie Shepherd reappears with £500 million in transfer cash and a magical new ability to spot a winning manager. Kevin Keegan comes down from on high in a fiery chariot. Scientists invent a serum of eternal youth and Alan Shearer, Bobby Moncur, Paul Gascoigne and Chris Waddle are restored to their prime and come galloping back into the side. Next season we win a Premiership and FA Cup double. The season after that we win the Champions League.

Guest firetotheworks

Taken over by someone who:

( 1 ) has a genuine passion for football and

( 2 ) is willing to spend significantly and reasonably in the pursuit of the best interests of the club.

Also, I am not very sure about Alan Shearer's style of management. Kevin Keegan is still much more proven at this stage. If possible, hopefully, the new owner will be someone who Keegan can work with and we can always welcome Keegan back.

Another player I fondly remember for his beautiful game is David Ginola. I often wonder how would he be like if he is a manager/coach. Will the players and the style of play be as flamboyant as the man himself?

Im Ginolas biggest fan, in fact he's my favourite player of all time but I cant imagine him being any good as a manager.

Erm lets see...

Freddy Shepherd visits St. James Park to see if things are still in order, upon opening his office door he find Mike Ashley boffing wise over the desk. He quickly rushes out of the stadium and tries to repress what he just witnessed.

However at Christmas time, after one too many at his local, Freddy can't hold back and spills the inicident to a bloke wearing a dishcloth on his head. Recalling what happened last time an incident of similar stature occured Freddy rings Mike telling him everything. Mike is furious and quickly gets his team to unearth the youngest and most deadly hitman around, Nile Ranger.

Nile quickly dispatches Freddy and an innocent student in fancy dress much to Ashley's delight. Others weren't so happy, one fan in the NE5 vacinity even took his own life.

Nile arrives at the stadium to collect his reward only to find Ashley won't offer him a reward. Nile storms out of the stadium seeking revenge. Later that week Ashley and his recruitment team were one-by-one murdered in drive-by incidents. With a wall of fear surrounding St. James' Nile quickly established himself as chairman.

Nile appoints Dizzy Rascal as manager and the clubs recruitment drive of talented young R and B stars kicks into full gear. It's all going well until Damien Duff, Alan Smith and Nicky Butt are all found stabbed to death on the training ground forcing the club to withdraw from the Premier League for a year forcing lots of Newcastle's supporters to cheer for other local clubs, taking their shit to other message boards.

The following year the world's first zillionaire invests his cash into the club buying out Nile and co. Keegan is quickly restored as manager and Newcastle begin to rebuild for the followiing season.

Erm lets see...

Freddy Shepherd visits St. James Park to see if things are still in order, upon opening his office door he find Mike Ashley boffing wise over the desk. He quickly rushes out of the stadium and tries to repress what he just witnessed.

However at Christmas time, after one too many at his local, Freddy can't hold back and spills the inicident to a bloke wearing a dishcloth on his head. Recalling what happened last time an incident of similar stature occured Freddy rings Mike telling him everything. Mike is furious and quickly gets his team to unearth the youngest and most deadly hitman around, Nile Ranger.

Nile quickly dispatches Freddy and an innocent student in fancy dress much to Ashley's delight. Others weren't so happy, one fan in the NE5 vacinity even took his own life.

Nile arrives at the stadium to collect his reward only to find Ashley won't offer him a reward. Nile storms out of the stadium seeking revenge. Later that week Ashley and his recruitment team were one-by-one murdered in drive-by incidents. With a wall of fear surrounding St. James' Nile quickly established himself as chairman.

Nile appoints Dizzy Rascal as manager and the clubs recruitment drive of talented young R and B stars kicks into full gear. It's all going well until Damien Duff, Alan Smith and Nicky Butt are all found stabbed to death on the training ground forcing the club to withdraw from the Premier League for a year forcing lots of Newcastle's supporters to cheer for other local clubs, taking their shit to other message boards.

The following year the world's first zillionaire invests his cash into the club buying out Nile and co. Keegan is quickly restored as manager and Newcastle begin to rebuild for the followiing season.

Why did this tale have to have an unhappy ending? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

Mike Ashley and Dennis Wise disappear in a puff of smoke. Freddie Shepherd reappears with £500 million in transfer cash and a magical new ability to spot a winning manager. Kevin Keegan comes down from on high in a fiery chariot. Scientists invent a serum of eternal youth and Alan Shearer, Bobby Moncur, Paul Gascoigne and Chris Waddle are restored to their prime and come galloping back into the side. Next season we win a Premiership and FA Cup double. The season after that we win the Champions League.

I knew there was a god, I knew it!  :frantic:

Not happening unless Pedro is included in that.