Away Support

Guest timmy boy

Guest timmy boy

Who do you thinks got the best away support in England in terms of numbers and vocal support ?

I started this thread because my mate who's a Villa fan was saying there away support was the best in the country although they normally bring poor numbers to SJP and I never really thought of them as one of the teams who take large following all over the country.

Obviously Man United and Liverpool take large followings everywhere because of there fanbase. Spurs always seem to take good numbers away also.

Noisiest away fans i can recall were Hull, but i haven't been to that many games. I thought Villa's was absolutely piss-poor, for what it's worth.

You talking about when they came up here? Hull were shit, 3,000 muppets sat down for the full match. Villa have a great away following, they were playing away in Prague 3 days after they came up here so I don't blame them for bringing low numbers.

Noisiest away fans i can recall were Hull, but i haven't been to that many games. I thought Villa's was absolutely piss-poor, for what it's worth.

Without causing offence, Villa fans were excellent last season...canny pish this season mind.

When I used to go to a few Reading games I was very impressed by the Chelsea fans, maybe just because it is quite local and not far for them to travel.

I like Chelseas away fans if the tickets get in the right hands if not it's full of mongs.

Guest toonlass

Manure are the loudest at SJP usually. Villa used to be canny but were particularly crap this year, think they had forgotten the words to their songs.

It doesn't help when we have to play at Newcastle on a week day night. The performance didn't help, either.

I'd say that the best away supporters I've seen at Villa Park for a while were Ajax. Although apparently they did a fair amount of damage in the ground, ripped seats out etc etc, they were really noisy and kept on the whole match.

Man United, loathe them though I do, are consistently the loudest. Spurs aren't too bad, either. Newcastle were noisy until we went ahead then lost interest.

Special mentions for being shit - Everton (lots of them, but they sit in silence), Man City (three choruses of Blue Moon then nothing),  and Liverpool, who were silent.

Sunderland, you won't want to hear, are consistently good, but has there ever been a club whose fans talk about what great crowds they get and how many they take away more than they do?

When I used to go to a few Reading games I was very impressed by the Chelsea fans, maybe just because it is quite local and not far for them to travel.

I like Chelseas away fans if the tickets get in the right hands if not it's full of mongs.

Chelsea's fans were better in the 1980s when there'd be 500 of them.  There'd at least be 500 who cared.

Not like nowadays. They've failed to sell 3000 tickets at our place the last three years at least. That's not really that impressive, considering how many kids you see around in Chelsea shirts, and the level of consistent success they've had of late.

Guest Howaythetoon

Man Utd hands down, song variety, support for their team, home fan goading and turn out. International fans - has to be Breda. Noisy as fuck.

Man U are No 1 - in both quality and quantity. West Ham always travel too. Liverpool have numbers but make nowhere near as much noise. Chelsea have been piss poor since the glory-hunters joined their bandwagon.

Liverpool's away support seems to have a much higher quota of jester hat wearing, once a season southerners than Man United's does.