Zoltan Gera?

lovejoy

todays journal:

Meanwhile, Newcastle have been credited with an interest in Zoltan Gera, with reports in the West Midlands last night insisting that West Bromwich Albion officials are bracing themselves for a January bid for the Hungarian.

With Aston Villa's interest in James Milner understood to remain intact despite the collapse of a proposed transfer in August, United's scouts are reported to have identified Gera as a potential replacement.

Nigel Pearson, Roeder's right-hand man, worked with the 27-year-old during his time alongside Bryan Robson at The Hawthorns

would much rather keep milner tbh

Guest Darth Toon

Very good player, and probably wouldn't cost too much.

very impressed the few games I saw him play for WBA in the prem.

Gera's quality, in all fairness. Milner hasn't been the hit a lot of people were predicting... but he hasn't exactly been given adequate chances/the fairest treatment since returning. Zoltan is an excellent player though, would prosper in a good team.

Ideally i'd like to keep Milner, realistically sell Milner for 4million, buy Gera for 1-2million and use the rest to try and get Bridge if Chelsea still want to sell if not then a move for Nugent would be good.

Ideally i'd like to keep Milner, realistically sell Milner for 4million, buy Gera for 1-2million and use the rest to try and get Bridge if Chelsea still want to sell if not then a move for Nugent would be good.

No chance of getting Gera at the price you're suggesting, more like £4m as Fulham offered £2.5m and got turned down.  Also, keep Milner for the squad.  Not the greatest but could be a lot better under a different manager.

gera is a lot better than Milner, though to be a good deal we'd have to get Gera on the cheap and sell Milner for at least £5m, preferably more. in terms of transfer value Milner is worth a lot more, but ony cos he is young, english and overhyped.

Hi all,

I guess you'll buy the guy. I'm a fan of him and I expect him back in premship.

For those who dont know him: check out his compillation at www.bentex.tv under "compillations".

Under the huns football menu there are some brand new gera movements as well. Enjoy.

I remember all the stick Souness got when he sold Ambrose for just £1.5m last summer. He can't even get in the Charlton side ahead of Headlesschickendahl.

always thought Ambrose showed a lot of promise even though he lacks the physique to become a good all-round player. I pencilled him in as a poor man's Laurent Robert, someone who is fairly incapable of contributing to the general play in a match, but who nevertheless has a good, fast, pinpointed delivery and an ability to hit one hell of a shot. Milner is almost the opposite in that he is can play a bit, has a good deal of strength, works hard all match and sees a lot of the ball, but lacks refinement and end-product.

I remember all the stick Souness got when he sold Ambrose for just £1.5m last summer. He can't even get in the Charlton side ahead of Headlesschickendahl.

Was playing for their reserves against the Spurs youngsters last night and was one of the worst players on the pitch by all accounts.

Was playing for their reserves against the Spurs youngsters last night and was one of the worst players on the pitch by all accounts.

He may have been distracted to be fair.

Guest Anders Rye

Ambrose is shit and was shit when he was here. The only thing that make people missing him is because of a couple of good goals in his last games before he was sold. Look at him now, we where lucky getting our money back for him.

I prefer Milner, Ambrose can run fast and score a good goal but as said there is a reason why "less end product than Dyer" Rommedhal is getting a game ahead of him!

Milner was class for Villa last season, its no real surpise he hasnt put in those sort of performances for us with the way he has been dropped after good games etc... and the way he was treated the last game of the season!

Milner is poor imo.  Can dribble, but ive rarely seen him assist in any goals or score many himself (for nufc).  I'd take Gera over him any day.