Would sacking Glenn force a takeover?

Dokko

Well?

How would a potential buyer react to a sacking right now, and the possibility of a manager coming in that they don't see as the right man to lead the club under their regime?

Surely sacking Glen would force Belgravia's hand right now. It looks like there close to deciding if or not they should make a concrete offer, and with talks of Sven coming in (and he wont be cheap to get rid of) maybe this will hurry them along.

But, its could possibly be the Sven is their man, and that's why he's already being linked?

Sven is Koorbachian's man. He won't be coming to the Toon.

I want him to go somewhere he can regularly say Wayne Rooney on the telly

"Wine A-Roon-i"

"Wine A-Roon-i

"Wine A-Roon-i"

I miss that  :(

If we change managers I'd see that as a sign that a takeover was less likely.

Why would Fred go through the hassle of sacking and hiring a new manager if he was about to leave?

Given our current situation I'd have thought that any new owners would want to bring in their own manager, they're not going to want to have to either deal with or get rid of someone who's just joined the club.

Any manager worth his salt is going to want somekind of assurances about what he's getting himself into, and what's going to happen with the ownership of the club in the near future would be high on the list of things they'd want to know. "I don't know" or "I'm about to bugger off" is not what you'd want to hear from your prospective new boss is it!?!

If the takeover is a goer, I'd expect there to be no change in manager beforehand, unless it happened a la O'Neil, where he knew that it was definately going to happen, and was in fact being brought in by the new owners before they'd even finished the deal. I don't think this would be very likely at NUFC though.

Sven is Koorbachian's man. He won't be coming to the Toon.

I want him to go somewhere he can regularly say Wayne Rooney on the telly

"Wine A-Roon-i"

"Wine A-Roon-i

"Wine A-Roon-i"

I miss that  :(

ahahahaha :]

Guest Invicta_Toon

or, a la dickheed O'Neil, a manager appointment might signal a takeover has already started

laugh if it was Sven mind, would obviously mean an Arab sheikh was taking over  bluelaugh.gif

or, a la dickheed O'Neil, a manager appointment might signal a takeover has already started

laugh if it was Sven mind, would obviously mean an Arab sheikh was taking over  bluelaugh.gif

if its steve bruce its not an arab sheikh taking over but the chuckle brothers .

I doubt any Financial Institution gives a toss TBH

They'll pick their own BOARD first - they're not going to get involved with low life like the manager - he's only one level above the Doorman in their eyes

• 3 years later...