Given, Beye, Coloccini, Bassong, Enrique...

Dave

Well spotted chaps everyone is different. I think sometimes we give new signings from other countries a free pass to them playing shite.

we do the same for local players sometimes as well for that matter.

Well spotted chaps everyone is different. I think sometimes we give new signings from other countries a free pass to them playing s****.

Who? Steven Taylor? Chopra? Huntigdon? Matty P? Ramage?

Well spotted chaps everyone is different. I think sometimes we give new signings from other countries a free pass to them playing shite.

I don't see how it's giving someone a free pass just to give them time to settle in to both the pace and the physical side of the league.

Well spotted chaps everyone is different. I think sometimes we give new signings from other countries a free pass to them playing s****.

I don't see how it's giving someone a free pass just to give them time to settle in to both the pace and the physical side of the league.

I was going to think of something to type but I am going to get ready & hit the town on lash as part of Black Eye Friday.....we can continue this debate Sundayish.  :thup:

Taylor for one, Lee Clark was rated higher here than he was elsewhere for that matter.

Taylor for one, Lee Clark was rated higher here than he was elsewhere for that matter.

This is a total myth imo. Maybe when he first came into the team as a promising 18-year-old, but since then, i seriously disagree. He's come under more flak than most other squad players this year for sure.

How good does it feel to have made such a number of good signings by the way? Only one classic 'Newcastle signing', Nacho, and his problems seem to be down to fitness anyway. Excellent in many ways.

Aye we could well have turned into a fantastic side really. Was so refreshing aswell to be doing it the 'proper' way, ie - not splashing out mega-millions on Europe's most obvious players. Much more natural and 'special', similar to Bobby's approach.

Hey ho. :undecided:

What  I like most about Bassong is his attitude.  He came here saying "i don't expect to play every game, but I'll do my best to play well and hopefully play well enough that the manager will pick me (or words to that effect)".

None of this - I must be in the first team or I'm leaving/sulking etc.

He just took his time, settled in, and started playing well. And more power to him. 

This is what you really want from a player....playing a good game, not talking a big game and then playing crap.  I love his attitude to the team and how he knows what he needs to do to get into the team.

Keep it up Seb.

How good does it feel to have made such a number of good signings by the way? Only one classic 'Newcastle signing', Nacho, and his problems seem to be down to fitness anyway. Excellent in many ways.

Because of the fact that we're languishing in a relegation scrap I can't really feel your joy. ;)

Guest Sniffer

n'zogbia has had a free pass for the last couple of years with people offering every excuse under the sun for his whinging attitude. Even now his performances are very average and yet people are claiming he's doing so well.

Because of the fact that we're languishing in a relegation scrap I can't really feel your joy. ;)

Glass half empty man eh? :lol:

n'zogbia has had a free pass for the last couple of years with people offering every excuse under the sun for his whinging attitude. Even now his performances are very average and yet people are claiming he's doing so well.

I think N'Zogbia has generally looked pretty decent when he's played this season. Not exactly setting the world alight but he's looked a threat most of the time when he's played. He's been better than last season.

Glass half empty man eh? :lol:

It's the best way with this club mate. It always has been man, then they can't let you down anymore than they normally do.

Guest Sniffer

I think N'Zogbia has generally looked pretty decent when he's played this season. Not exactly setting the world alight but he's looked a threat most of the time when he's played. He's been better than last season.

Pretty decent,eh?  Exactly the point I'm making. Keep it up. N'zogbia has potential but nothing more and is worse now than his first season. And he'll be 23 by the end of the season so it's high time he started doing something other than an occasional cross rather than running up blind alleys.

Hopefully he'll start paying us back against spurs but I'm not holding my breathe.

Pretty decent,eh?  Exactly the point I'm making. Keep it up. N'zogbia has potential but nothing more and is worse now than his first season. And he'll be 23 by the end of the season so it's high time he started doing something other than an occasional cross rather than running up blind alleys.

Hopefully he'll start paying us back against spurs but I'm not holding my breathe.

Well, you read what you wanted to read there as it seems like you're implying I've said he's been brilliant this season, which I have not. I do think that he has looked a threat though when he's played, and looked better than he did last season. He's been particularly good at times at getting to the byline and cutting in on the defender.

I agree with you though in that he hasn't bettered his first season for us.

Guest Sniffer

IMO, he doesn't rate a " pretty decent" at all. That's the point. Barely average performances. Error prone at LB which is not his position. Loses the ball all too often far too esaily but puts in a decent cross occasionally which gives him a " free pass " by people on here for whatever reason.

IMO, he doesn't rate a " pretty decent" at all. That's the point. Barely average performances. Error prone at LB which is not his position. Loses the ball all too often far too esaily but puts in a decent cross occasionally which gives him a " free pass " by people on here for whatever reason.

Yet still massively more useful than Duff, so he keeps his place for me.

That's not saying much at all. And massively is once again a gross over exaggeration of his ability.

You've got a real bee in your bonnet when it comes to Jarles! He's not great but he's OK, could get better. Importantly he cost f**k all.

Everyone has players they just don't like for one reason or another and i get the impression it's Zog for you, which is fine.

Is it you don't like him as a player or you don't like some of the other posters inflated opinion of him?

This is a total myth imo. Maybe when he first came into the team as a promising 18-year-old, but since then, i seriously disagree. He's come under more flak than most other squad players this year for sure.

He comes in for flak from some elements, he gets over-rated by others, same as the foreign players who get 'a free ride' according to the poster. The point I am making is that it's daft to use where someone is from as either an excuse or a pedestal or pretend that some get it easier than others because of it.

What  I like most about Bassong is his attitude.  He came here saying "i don't expect to play every game, but I'll do my best to play well and hopefully play well enough that the manager will pick me (or words to that effect)".

None of this - I must be in the first team or I'm leaving/sulking etc.

He just took his time, settled in, and started playing well. And more power to him.   

This is what you really want from a player....playing a good game, not talking a big game and then playing crap.  I love his attitude to the team and how he knows what he needs to do to get into the team.

Keep it up Seb.

Good words.  I'm really pleased that we have a young quick and strong centre back who can compete with Taylor and keep Cacapa out.  I like his attitude on the pitch too, he works very hard to recover if he doesn't win a tackle or if he loses the ball.  He often can salvage a mistake more often than you expect.