Taking Jonas off

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sure i'll get told off for starting a bitchy thread on a day when we've got a good result... but this is seriously starting to grate on my tits.

Today, Jonas made our first penetrative, driving run of the entire second half. It was the most amount of yards we had gained all half... and a minute later he gets subbed off. Meanwhile, Duff is standing off players, inviting pressure, losing possession, showing no pace or drive. Showing fucking nowt - as he does week-in, week-out.

It's not a coincidence that the one time Jonas has stayed on till the 90th minute (under JFK), he's provided an assist. He's got oodles of energy and he fucks up tired defenses with his quick bursts of power, and it's a major tool late on. He's been pretty average and in-and-out recently (like everyone), but he's one of the few players with a genuine spark of quality.

Duff though is a posh grafter, nothing more. He's the Alan Smith of left-wing. I don't know why the fuck he started tbh. Zog came on last week and provided more in twenty minutes than Duff has in the last six games (duration of time since his last goal/assist).

Pissing me off.  :rant:

Voted neither because I don't trust Zoggy defensively enough. Duff was doing well and even if it's the only thing he does, he keeps possession. No, he will never run at their goal. No, he will never try an ambitious pass, and no, he will never shoot. But he keeps possession and in a game like today, we needed that. Zoggy loves to take on players and sometimes it comes off, but he obviously loses possession a lot of the times and we couldn't afford that today.

I'd have brought N'Zogbia on for Owen and pushed Jonas up top with Martins, would have offered us at least some pace on the counter attack.

I don't blame Kinnear for taking him off today, he'd already been booked and had given a few fouls away after that so with Chelsea pushing forward more I think it was the best option bringing him off.

agreed, but 0-0 today was excellent so ill let it slide for the moment

Exactly not an issue today. But a big problem when he does it against teams we are trying to beat, and that Duff is offering nothing out there yet has carte blanche to do so.

Duff was knackered by half-time. I'm sure Kinnear would turn around and say Jonas was tired, he did look it when he came off, but bear in mind he'd done about a 40 yard run just before.

I've stood up for Duff for a while on these forums, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but at the moment it seems one of his legs would have to fall off before he gets subbed before Jonas. And him and Enrique just don't link up well at all, best left-sided combo I've seen this season was when Zoggy was LM and Bassong was LB.

Did not see hear any of the game but from past games Duff should be off, its the Irish conection keeping him on I think, Jonas is going to get pissed off with it soon enough,.

Jonas was shaking his head when he went off, he didn't look happy at all.

Dunno if it's the Irish thing, Roeder did exactly the same. Kinnear's doing it now. So did Allardyce really.

Keegan's the only one to have found him out, in time anyway.

That's the difference in managers, really.

I didnt see the match today so I cant really comment- but I voted Duff to go off anyway!

But it seems that Kinnear is doing this every f*cking game!!! Why??!! He did it against Wigan last week and Fulham the week before. He did it against West Brom the week before that but in fairness Jonas was short of match practice. But its got to stop. Its not fair on the team and its not fair on Jonas...

Duff offers us nothing. Not going forward and not defensively. N'Zogbia is much better to watch and actually gives us and attacking outlet on the left hand side. The only reason why Duff offers decent "cover" to Enrique is because he never goes forward in the first place! Its bloody ridiculous. If anyone in our team is going to create someng from nothing then its gonna be Jonas.....with the exception of Martins.

Kinnear can say we'd be left exposed if Jonas is kept on but quite frankly, that would be a load of bollox. Jonas works harder than anyone on the pitch and tracks up and down whatever wing he plays on.

As people have said though, we've just got a smashing result so lets get angry later!  :laugh: