Vatican forgives John Lennon

Robster

Just as well he said what he did in a more tolerant era.

Imagine if he'd said the Beatles were "more popular than Allah"in today's climate. Would've be joining Salman Rushdie on the extremists' Fantasy Fatwa team.

:ninja:

Just as well he said what he did in a more tolerant era.

Imagine if he'd said the Beatles were "more popular than Allah"in today's climate. Would've be joining Salman Rushdie on the extremists' Fantasy Fatwa team.

:ninja:

There were several death threats made against Lennon by the christians in the USA, one of the reasons the Beatles stopped touring.

Guest optimistic nit

I like the Beatles more than Jesus.

jesus says you don't.......he's got all their albums and had georges autograph

:lol:

Great how the Vatican can find time to forgive Lennon for a 40 year old quip, long after he's dead, whilst we still wait for the same bunch of bastards to apologise for widespread child abuse by priests, including sodomy, torture and other sexual deviancy, and propagating unprotected sex and anti-abortionism, which in the Third World has led to an AIDS epidemic and overpopulation...

I think they call it "perspective". :hmm:

Great how the Vatican can find time to forgive Lennon for a 40 year old quip, long after he's dead, whilst we still wait for the same bunch of bastards to apologise for widespread child abuse by priests, including sodomy, torture and other sexual deviancy, and propagating unprotected sex and anti-abortionism, which in the Third World has led to an AIDS epidemic and overpopulation...

I think view call it "perspective". :hmm:

A very valid point Dave.

I like the Beatles more than Jesus.

jesus says you don't.......he's got all their albums and had georges autograph

And to jump to John Lennon's defence,the comments he made about Jesus being less popular than The Beatles.The Beatles 17 no. 1's vs. Jesus' nil,speak volumes.Unless you want to split hairs and lump Jesus in with Sir Cliff Richard.

I think view call it "perspective". :hmm:

A very valid point Dave.

not to mention the "turn a blind eye to the nazis if they let us get on with the sodomy,torture and othet sexual deviancy"