Sky Multi-Room

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Right loads of fights in the house Brother and I wanting to watch MTV/Footy rents wanting to watch UKTV Gold Documentaries and stuff. So I thought I'd stop it by getting multi room in mine.

Quoted £60 or £109 for Sky Plus (Box installation and first month). So my question is.

Anybody got/had it and is it worth it?

Is there anywhere cheaper I could get it done or does it have to be through Sky?

Guest Heneage

We did it through the Sky plus deal thing where you keep your old box and it's fine, totally worth it I'd say.

Magic cheers mate  :thup:

Cheapest way is to buy a 2nd hand ste top box, loads on ebay, and get a quad output LNB (about £20) then you can fit it all up yourself quite easily, once it is done you phone Sky tell them that you want to take out a multiroom subscription, they give you a second card that you have to register to your second STB and you are away.

One slight complication is that you need to have the second box permanently plugged into a phone line so that they can randomly audit to make sure the secong £10 subscription is being used correcty and not sold / rented out to a friend, neighbour or family member.