Clubs Must Live With Bad Moves

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

From the Times today, something I whole heartedly believe:

OVERUSED phrase of thw eek is that it is too soon in the season to be dismissing a manager. At the risk of stating the obvious, surely it depends on who the manager is. Alan Pardew? Deserves time. Glenn Roeder? Strange choice in the first place.

As for the idea of banning dismissals during the season, it has merit but not for the commonly spouted reason of giving managers time to prove themselves. Far more important, it would force boards such as Newcastle United's to live with their bad decisions.

Aye but it would also mean that us lot would have to live with their bad decisions too. :lol: bluesigh.gif

Another decent dig at the board from the nufc.com Charlton match report...

For me, he should never have been given the job permanently but, like Souness, I certainly don't blame him for taking it. Which other Premiership club would have appointed him as manager based on winning ten league matches? None. The top four clubs wouldn't have even looked at his CV. So if we have ambitions to be a top six side then why did we? Meanwhile, a rotten club like Aston Villa manage to persuade Martin O'Neill back into football....

Like our striker transfer dealings, we had bags of time to make the right appointment and we failed miserably. There's only one place where the buck can stop where that's concerned but accountability at boardroom level isn't something this club has a great recent history of. Neither is winning trophies. The two seem to be inextricably entwined.