PC-LAPTOP-XBOX360

Guest Sc0ward

Guest Sc0ward

Right lets me explain what i have and what i wanna achieve n see if any f you can help me. I have a Desktop PC with an WD External HD, Laptop and Xbox360. Right what i wanna do is....

Setup my PC to be my mediaserver which will hold all my movies, music pictures etc, now i wanna be able to access these from my lapop and stream to my xbox. Will i have to install mediacentre or something? I like the itunes layout for the album art scrollin and choosing albums. Can i stream Blueray rips to my xbox?

The xbox is connected to the router via network cable, and the pc and laptop are both wireless but the pc can also be hardwired if this helps.

Can anyone tell me best way to go about all this, what software i need etc

Thanks in advance

Windows Media Player 11 will let you stream to the 360. You just need to go into the Library tab in the options menu and tell it what to share with the "monitor folders" button, and set it up to allow the 360 on the "Configure sharing" button. Then you just look for your PC on the 360 media pages.

And wiring up the PC would definitely help for movies, wireless can be a bit dodgy.