Which players do you think would stay if we got relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I know it's negative thinking but I was just wondering if we got relegated who out of our current squad do you think would stay?

1    Given

2    Coloccini

3    Jose Enrique

6    Cacapa

7    Barton

8    Guthrie

9    Martins

10    Owen

11    Duff

12    Bassong

13    Harper

14    N'Zogbia

15    Gonzalez

17    Smith

18    Gutierrez

19    Xisco

20    Geremi

21    Beye

22    Butt

23    Ameobi

27    Taylor

28    Kadar

29    Zamblera

30    Edgar

31    Danquah

32    Ngo Baheng

33    Soderberg

35    Tozer

36    Viduka

37    Morris

38    LuaLua

39    Carroll

41    Doninger

42    Donaldson

43    Godsmark

44    Marwood

45    Lough

46    Ranger

I could see Harper and Ameobi signing new contracts and staying. Barton would probably stay too out of a sense of loyalty to the club for standing by him. Guthrie would probably stay. I could see Butt signing a contract for his last season before he retires. Bassong would possibly stay. Geremi and maybe Duff are also possibles. I imagine the reserves and youth teams would all stay.

Realistically:

1    Given

2    Coloccini

3    Jose Enrique

6  Cacapa

7  Barton

8  Guthrie

9  Martins

10  Owen

11  Duff

12  Bassong

13  Harper

14  N'Zogbia

15  Gonzalez

17  Smith

18  Gutierrez

19  Xisco

20  Geremi

21  Beye

22  Butt

23  Ameobi

27  Taylor

28  Kadar

29  Zamblera

30  Edgar

31  Danquah

32  Ngo Baheng

33  Soderberg

35  Tozer

36  Viduka

37  Morris

38  LuaLua

39  Carroll

41  Doninger

42  Donaldson

43  Godsmark

44  Marwood

45  Lough

46  Ranger

Realistically:

1    Given

2    Coloccini

3    Jose Enrique

6   Cacapa

7   Barton

8   Guthrie

9   Martins

10   Owen

11   Duff

12   Bassong

13   Harper

14   N'Zogbia

15   Gonzalez

17   Smith

18   Gutierrez

19   Xisco

20   Geremi

21   Beye

22   Butt

23   Ameobi

27   Taylor

28   Kadar

29   Zamblera

30   Edgar

31   Danquah

32   Ngo Baheng

33   Soderberg

35   Tozer

36   Viduka

37   Morris

38   LuaLua

39   Carroll

41   Doninger

42   Donaldson

43   Godsmark

44   Marwood

45   Lough

46   Ranger

fyp

None of the established stars would stay, other than over the hill players like Butt, Smith, Duff and Geremi. They aren't going to get better deals elsewhere. The thought of Barton staying out of loyalty makes me laugh. Any quality player who can find a decent premier alternative would jump ship.

On the plus side we don't have many of those players so most will probably stay :lol:

None of the established stars would stay, other than over the hill players like Butt, Smith, Duff and Geremi. They aren't going to get better deals elsewhere. The thought of Barton staying out of loyalty makes me laugh. Any quality player who can find a decent premier alternative would jump ship.

On the plus side we don't have many of those players so most will probably stay :lol:

A lot of the Juventus players stayed with them when they got relegated, can't see why not with us .

A lot of the Juventus players stayed with them when they got relegated, can't see why not with us .

You can't? 

Guest firetotheworks

Realistically:

1    Given

2    Coloccini

3    Jose Enrique

6    Cacapa

7    Barton

8    Guthrie

9    Martins

10    Owen

11    Duff

12    Bassong

13    Harper

14    N'Zogbia

15    Gonzalez

17    Smith

18    Gutierrez

19    Xisco

20    Geremi

21    Beye

22    Butt

23    Ameobi

27    Taylor

28    Kadar

29    Zamblera

30    Edgar

31    Danquah

32    Ngo Baheng

33    Soderberg

35    Tozer

36    Viduka

37    Morris

38    LuaLua

39    Carroll

41    Doninger

42    Donaldson

43    Godsmark

44    Marwood

45    Lough

46    Ranger

Theyre the players I think would stay, but I think that Given, Smith, Duff would be sold for the money.

Juve were nailed on to go straight back up, and sure enough they did.  IMO its not the case when teams drop to the fizzy pop league.

Not Owen (obviously), Martins, Gutierrez, Coloccini, Enrique, Beye, Given, Viduka, Barton, Xisco, Zog. I'd hope Smith would leave too because I doubt he could even score a goal at Championship level.

I'd flog Harper...

Then sell him.

Did he bully you when you were younger or something?

Given wouldn't stay. I don't think he's as loyal as some like to think. Someone in the Premiership would probably take Duff as well.

Ur right about given, hes had so many clubs over the last ten years and always fakes injury's to stay out of the team and moans constantly when left out of the team.

Oh wait he didnt and doesnt and is by far out most loyal player.

Given wouldn't stay. I don't think he's as loyal as some like to think. Someone in the Premiership would probably take Duff as well.

stupid comment tbh

not one of those who buys the idea that Given's a world class goalkeeper but his loyalty cannot be faulted for a second

I think you're right in that he'd go, but the loyalty comment is a bit of a nonsense. He's been here for 12 years and he's been far, far too good for us for atleast half of that time. He's had every right to leave for a long while now, and i certainly wouldn't think less of him if he were to go. I wouldn't think less of him if he were to leave even if we stayed up tbh.