Joe Kinnear charged with Improper Conduct.

Optimistic Nut

From what I've seen he does nothing on the touchline anyway, so if he's barred from the dugout it will hardly make any difference. He only seems to have any input at half time and he can still do that.

Slow day at the FA then. There must surely be more important things for them to be doing than punishing people like Joe for comments like this.

Daft as it was, its hardly worthy of all this time effort and money is it.

The Respect for Referees thing has been drummed into every single follower of football (except Joe, so it seems) all year. They'll stamp down on absolutely anything. No chance Kinnear was gonna get away with this.

Calling a bloke "Mickey Mouse"? Hardly a scathing attack on a referee is it?  ???

Slap on the wrist and token fine.

It's not a case of what his choice of words were imo. I don't want to use the word 'attack', because that sounds quite escalated, but it's still a personal attack on a referee, regardless of what the actual words were. I've got no problem with them charging managers for making comments like this. If they're gonna start repremanding players for surrounding the referee on the pitch, then they've got every right to reprimand managers for making personal comments afterwards.

Aye, it was hardly scathing abuse but you can't make comments like that, simple as really. It 'brings the game into disrepute', you just can't do it.

On top of which it was petty as fuck, and what's more, just plain wrong. Kinnear was waving his arms around in the interview, which was quite camp and stroppy and i'd have reprimanded him for that alone, really. :razz:

Calling a bloke "Mickey Mouse"? Hardly a scathing attack on a referee is it?  ???

Slap on the wrist and token fine.

It's not a case of what his choice of words were imo. I don't want to use the word 'attack', because that sounds quite escalated, but it's still a personal attack on a referee, regardless of what the actual words were. I've got no problem with them charging managers for making comments like this. If they're gonna start repremanding players for surrounding the referee on the pitch, then they've got every right to reprimand managers for making personal comments afterwards.

Aye, it was hardly scathing abuse but you can't make comments like that, simple as really. It 'brings the game into disrepute', you just can't do it.

On top of which it was petty as fuck, and what's more, just plain wrong. Kinnear was waving his arms around in the interview, which was quite camp and stroppy and i'd have reprimanded him for that alone, really. :razz:

At least he wasn't wearing a fucking poncey scarf too. ;)

He should have kept his trap shut.... but he didn't. Just deserves a small fine and a warning as to his future conduct imo.