Kinnear sees big role for Smith in New Year

LoveItIfWeBeatU

"He’s versatile and he’s an experienced player who has been there, seen it and done it at the highest level. He’d be a big addition."

O RLY? You obviously haven't watched him lately. Right, Joe? (Not that he was "all that" before)

The biggest myth in football btw is that Alan Smith works hard.

He works hard at being invisible which is no mean feat with his ridiculous neon hair.

His legs have gone completely man, so he's just chasing shadows all day. When he does chase that is.

The biggest myth in football btw is that Alan Smith works hard.

Well, of course he does. Running around like a headless chicken, fouls, yellow cards etc. A lot of work you know?

Right. I've just put 50 quid on Smith scoring the goal that keeps us up this season.

Greater odds than him scoring the own goal that sends us down this season.

By the way, I can't stand that sorry excuse for a footballer myself, but I think the vitriol towards Kinnear is rather cute

Guest Jawesome

Don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  We've seen how better Shola plays under Kinnear, maybe he can get Smith doing something that resembles playing football.

Don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  We've seen how better Shola plays under Kinnear, maybe he can get Smith doing something that resembles playing football.

Since I can't remember the last game in which Smith even took a shot on goal I doubt anyone will suddenly be able to get him playing football again.

Guest Stephen927

Does nobody remember his amazing bit of skill to set up a goal for Viduka, whereby he flopped on the floor and made it look like he had lost the ball, then poked it to Viduka to slot home.

Guest firetotheworks

The only thing that gives me hope in that statement is that he says 'squad' and not 'team'. He cant get in the starting line up, he just cant.

His role is to be sold for decent cash.

I suppose Kinnear could talk him down and sell him at an even bigger loss.

I like your thinking, are you basically saying he is talking the player up in the hope to sell him in January?

The problem with that is, when you are Newcastle manager those quotes get thrown back in your face when said player is sold and the headlines read that you have no say in transfers.