Kinnear sees big role for Smith in New Year

LoveItIfWeBeatU

His role is to be sold for decent cash.

I suppose Kinnear could talk him down and sell him at an even bigger loss.

I like your thinking, are you basically saying he is talking the player up in the hope to sell him in January?

The problem with that is, when you are Newcastle manager those quotes get thrown back in your face when said player is sold and the headlines read that you have no say in transfers.

:clap:

Guest Stephen927

Ameobi and Smith up front?

I think a lot of fans will pack it in if that's the case.

Smith isn't fit yet...?

Oh dear God...

The problem with that is, when you are Newcastle manager those quotes get thrown back in your face when said player is sold and the headlines read that you have no say in transfers.
:lol: Think JFK would be the type to respond to that with "Sold behind my back?  Hahaha, fuck off.  I threw the bait and Tranmere bit.  Good luck with that heap of shit, Rovers."

The problem with changing managers on a regular basis is that every new man ends up giving big name wasters like Smith and Duff too many games before the penny drops that they are woeful. Hopefully the form of Owen, Martins and Viduka will mean Smith won't get a sniff by the time he is fit.

The problem with changing managers on a regular basis is that every new man ends up giving big name wasters like Smith and Duff too many games before the penny drops that they are woeful. Hopefully the form of Owen, Martins and Viduka will mean Smith won't get a sniff by the time he is fit.

You know he'll just use him in midfield if thats the case!

He can't say anything else. 'He's absolutely useless' would be the truth, though.

He could  try to just shut up

Either the man actually believes what he is saying or he is spouting these vile words through extremely gritted teeth so as not to upset Smith and to not depreciate him in the eyes of potential buyers (that's if there are actually plans to sell him in the first place).

As mentioned previously, the only big role Alan Smith should have at this club is making us a little bit of money when we one day finally come to sell the useless waster. I am simply disgusted and scared at the thought of him playing for us again, and it's embarrassing that another manager appears to rate him when EVERYONE else can see he's lost whatever quality he once used to manage to have. Give him a big role in the reserves if you must play him. Bet we'll end up selling Owen and not bring a replacement in, lose Martins to injury, never give Xisco or one of the younger boys a chance, and end up with Ameobi and Smith up front. The mere thought of that catastrophically bad partnership being tasked with scoring our goals (fuck me, Cacapa has scored more than Smith in less games) is driving me towards tears, depression and eventual clinical insanity.

Guest Stephen927

Joe Kinnear is retarded, this confirms it.

He's not exactly going to come out and say Smith is shite and that he's looking to flog him as soon as he gets fit is he?

He's not exactly going to come out and say Smith is s**** and that he's looking to flog him as soon as he gets fit is he?

Why not? He's already said that he's going to sell some players to buy players.

He's not exactly going to come out and say Smith is s**** and that he's looking to flog him as soon as he gets fit is he?

Yes.

Kinnear publically saying Smith is shite is going to have potential buyers queuing up round the bloke....

Guest Stephen927

Yes.

Kinnear publically saying Smith is s**** is going to have potential buyers queuing up round the bloke....

Exactly, or drive any potential fee right down.

He's not exactly going to come out and say Smith is shite and that he's looking to flog him as soon as he gets fit is he?

That comment was a bit of a heat of the moment exaggeration to be fair, though I wouldn't put it past Kinnear for it to actually be true. We'll be able to tell if it is when he starts playing again.

Yes.

Kinnear publically saying Smith is s**** is going to have potential buyers queuing up round the bloke....

Exactly, or drive any potential fee right down.

Well ok fair point, I'll accept that.. but from his comments he clearly wants this cunt in the team. Moving away from the selling point you could argue that he's saying it to perk Smith up a bit and get him to perform for him. Lets not forget that this useless bastard was consistently picked by Allardyce and was even captain at one point and was utter dross in every game bar maybe the Arsenal one if you're being generous.

I've said it in another thread but it's like the powers that be at this club are stuck in some ridiculous time machine, where Duff is still half decent, Alan Smith has a shot on goal and Nicky Butt is a spring chicken. It's like we've got a bunch of lesbians for players and each manager comes in reckoning that they can be the guy that turns them straight.

Yes.

Kinnear publically saying Smith is shite is going to have potential buyers queuing up round the bloke....

Worked for Souness with Bellamy.  Oh wait....

Guest Stephen927

Yes.

Worked for Souness with Bellamy.  Oh wait....

Ok, Ok, that was one mistake Souness made, everything else he touched turned to gold....

;D

“Having him back will be a big bonus for the squad. He’s versatile and he’s an experienced player who has been there, seen it and done it at the highest level. He’d be a big addition."

- Joe Kinnear

In fairness, he's hardly saying he's going to walk straight back into the team is he? I think some of this outrage needs to be chanelled at the prospect of Butt getting another contract rather than Smith who's still 6 weeks away.

for all Kinnear's fake machismo he's a fucking arse licker of the highest order

:doh:

No fan of Kinnear, but don't see this as any different to the KK guide to motivating your players/making them feel wanted.

What the fuck do you expect him to say if he's asked about Smith?

“Having him back will be a big bonus for the squad. He’s versatile and he’s an experienced player who has been there, seen it and done it at the highest level. He’d be a big addition."

- Joe Kinnear

In fairness, he's hardly saying he's going to walk straight back into the team is he? I think some of this outrage needs to be chanelled at the prospect of Butt getting another contract rather than Smith who's still 6 weeks away.

I disagree massively with that as well.

Anyone who thinks we can't afford to keep Nicky Butt on (especially if it's just a one year extension) is extremely, extremely deluded if you ask me. Have people learned nowt from the Gary Speed sale? Aye, his best days are behind him and his performances on the park haven't been amazing recently (though he has had some very, very good games this season), but the impact of removing someone of that type from the squad can be massively damaging.

People have to stop looking at things from simply a performance/irrational perspective. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that.

The prospect of losing Harper, Owen and Butt from the dressing room (for nowt) as much as from the pitch is a massive negative, IMO.

Rich's turnaround on Nicky Butt. :laugh:

Akin to me inviting Damien Duff round for Christmas dinner next year.

Not quite that severe, like, though I will admit he's been winning me over since the back end of last season.

He still frustrates the fuck out of me with some of the things he does on the pitch, but he must be a good character to have around the place in an age where we are completely bereft of any talismen or leaders. I'm not saying he should be an automatic starter or anything, but I think he's more than worthy of his place in the squad as it stands (especially considering the current climate we're in.)

If these players aren't kept on, can people really see us attracting much better in the state we're in?

What planet are people living on?

for all Kinnear's fake machismo he's a fucking arse licker of the highest order

:doh:

No fan of Kinnear, but don't see this as any different to the KK guide to motivating your players/making them feel wanted.

What the fuck do you expect him to say if he's asked about Smith?

It's Ronaldo, anything to be obtuse and different to the rest. I agree about Butt too.