Sven "Interested" - DENIED

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest eyeball_tickler

SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON has targeted Newcastle as the stage to resurrect his career — and the Toon are ready to listen.

Eriksson, who left the England job after the failed World Cup campaign, believes he can turn Newcastle into champions.

And the Swede is ready and waiting should chairman Freddy Shepherd decide he has had enough of the Glenn Roeder regime.

Newcastle lie just above the Premiership relegation zone after 10 games and Roeder is under pressure to turn results around.

If he does not, Shepherd will embark on yet another search for a manager who can transform Newcastle’s potential into silverware.

Eriksson is willing to modify his huge wage demands, which were £5million a year, to a more realistic £3m a year in a bid to land a job.

A close friend of Eriksson said: “Sven is determined to take a job which will give him the challenge of taking a club back to the top.

“The prospect of an English club would be very appealing as he feels he has something to prove to people in this country.”

Eriksson thought he would walk into a top post after the World Cup but his inability to get the best out of England put off potential employers.

He lost out to Fabio Capello for his dream job as Real Madrid boss.

But Eriksson loves the passion generated by the Toon Army and always talked during his England reign of their fanaticism.

Whether the Toon Army would welcome Sven is another matter.

The fans have become so cynical no manager would satisfy them unless hero Alan Shearer took up the managerial reigns — a prospect not seen as likely in the near future.

Eriksson’s agent Athole Still has linked up with Peter Harrison, a North-East agent who retains connections with Newcastle despite being the central figure in the Panorama ‘bungs’ documentary.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006500370,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~920462,00.html

Toon Dismiss Sven Reports

NEWCASTLE United have dismissed newspaper reports linking Sven Goran Eriksson with a possible move to St. James' Park.

One national tabloid claimed on Tuesday morning that the former England boss is interested in joining the Magpies.

However, United chairman Freddy Shepherd responded: "This is all news to me. I have not spoken to Sven since he left the England job and I have no intention of speaking to him.

"Neither have I spoken to his agent Athole Still and as far as I am aware they have not tried to approach us.

"In any case if they did it would not matter because we already have a manager."

The fans have become so cynical no manager would satisfy them unless hero Alan Shearer took up the managerial reigns — a prospect not seen as likely in the near future.

what a load of bull.

Anyway, can't say I'd mind having Sven. Beggers can't choose.

what a load of bull.

indeed  :wullie: just lazy "journalism" if you can even call it that.

Clueless toss.

Ever stopped to wonder at the impression created outside the area by these wankers going on about sacking a Board that's pumped somewhere close to £200m into buying players?

Clueless toss.

Ever stopped to wonder at the impression created outside the area by these wankers going on about sacking a Board that's pumped somewhere close to £200m into buying players?

:lol:

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know whether I would welcome Sven here.But I think he should be a better manager than Roeder.Who knows he might even bring Beckham here.

Clueless toss.

Good one, ace.

Clueless toss.

Good one, ace.

Not as good as yours tbh.

£200m and in danger of being relegated. That's some board. :lol:

Clueless toss.

Good one, ace.

Not as good as yours tbh.

£200m and in danger of being relegated. That's some board. :lol:

:roll:  Do you really not understand that this figure of £200m could easily be a fraction of that  over the same time, avoidance of relegation and a cup run being the aim season after season?

You won't understand until it's too late. Then you'll claim you never wanted Fred out, just like you claim you never said Jenas was the next Vieira until he was on his way out the door.

oh aye, Wullie just loved Jenas he did.

"The fans have become so cynical no manager would satisfy them unless hero Alan Shearer took up the managerial reigns"

fuck off Sun. wonder if that was that slimy toad shaun custis, sounds like the kind of crap he comes out with.

Ever stopped to wonder at the impression created outside the area by these wankers pumping out all that money to no effect except a steady decline from the position of almost winning a trophy to wondering whether we can avoid relegation?

Not to mention the impression created by conversations with fake sheikhs and tactless dismissals of the game's lower ranks.

I said Jenas was the next Vieira?

Fuck me, you're even stupider than I thought you were. Well done!

Here we go with the internet hardman routine again.....We may have different opinions, but I'm not stupid.

How about addressing the main point, or is that too difficult despite me being the stupid one?

Here we go with the internet hardman routine again.....We may have different opinions, but I'm not stupid.

How about addressing the main point, or is that too difficult despite me being the stupid one?

"Internet hardman" says the bloke who offered to meet Gemmill and/or alex for a fight. :lol: What a scream.

I'm the one not addressing the main point despite you just having brought up Jermaine Jenas for some bizarre reason? Shot yourself in the foot a bit there didn't you?

Ever stopped to wonder at the impression created outside the area by these wankers pumping out all that money to no effect except a steady decline from the position of almost winning a trophy to wondering whether we can avoid relegation?

Not to mention the impression created by conversations with fake sheikhs and tactless dismissals of the game's lower ranks.

:roll:

Same question to you. Do you think they had to give £200m to the managers to buy players.

We know that many people get a rag on at Fred for calling Geordie women dogs ( FYI I didn't marry one :) ) and so think he's a wanker. How exactly does that stop Newcastle supporters appearing as wankers to outsiders by not being happy with a Board that funds it's managers to that extent? These are two different things.

Perhaps you will actually answer these questions. Or will it be a snip of a few words and a bit of sarcasm as usual????  :cool:

"Internet hardman" says the bloke who offered to meet Gemmill and/or alex for a fight. :lol: What a scream.

I'm the one not addressing the main point despite you just having brought up Jermaine Jenas for some bizarre reason? Shot yourself in the foot a bit there didn't you?

:roll:

Same old refuge, tough guy. Don't forget, you're the one posting the abuse.