Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Newcastle - 29/11/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Rich

Guest Heneage

Bolton are just crazy I didn't see where the goals are coming from.

Maybe that is because you aren't watching the match.

No no I mean, on paper, the team isn't brimming with goals is it, but they are scoring 3 goals a game quite regularly even Elmanders chipping in. Is what I meant. Not specifically this game.

Good game this. Defending really well - Bassong's been exceptional tbh. We look dangerous in and around the box too, but we need to actually fix a position for Owen. He's either gonna have to be a fifth midifielder or a striker, cos at the moment he simply isn't on the pitch. The centre of midfield is where we were being let down until the last ten minutes or so, but we got more joy when we had Guthrie on the ball later on there.

We're doing well, still very winnable. Cracking turn and shot by Oba, btw.

Not bad but we're struggling as ever with our build up play because we've nobody who can dictate things in the midfield, or a striker who can play with his back to goal and bring others into the game. Pretty much impossible to play good football with neither of those, ideally you should have both.

Not a whole lot available to change it with though just yet.

I'd imagine Viduka has about 20-30 minutes in him. Unless we take the lead I'm hoping we'll take off Guthrie or N'Zogbia when the time comes and revert to the 4-3-1-2. Probably just take Oba off though is my bet.

Bassong looks the business tbh.

And dodgy Enrique appears to have shown up today, his general distribution is woeful for a guy who actually picks out a good ball now and then.

At the game. Don't think I've ever seen worse distribution y a Permiership player than Enrique in the frist 25 minutes. And WHY is Zog so highly rated on theis Board? EVERY time he gets the ball, you know he is going to lose it. Will hopefully score the winner now. Jonas pure class and Martins looks the matchwinner to me. I think we look very comfortable but if we lose a goal, it will either come via Downing or via an Enrique mistake.

Guest LucaAltieri

Wish we had Downing.

Prefer Jonas, tbh.

Right now we need someone who can deliver a good ball into the box and downing fits the bill. Jonas would play as well so it would be instead of Duff and Zog.

To go with our short-arse strikers?

Downing is very hit and miss. The majority of smoggies don't even rate him. Neither do I. Weak as piss.

Wouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 of my wishlist.

Bassonfg doing very well, nzogbia has given far too many balls away, nicky butt thinks he zidane, enrique is having a horrible one aswell, owen hasn-t seen the ball yet I dont think and Martins is going to score.

Very even up till now, 1st goal wins it for me as whichever of the two will collapse afterwards, both seem a little nervous..

Guest Chris P

Viduka on for Owen. We need a big man upfront. The only time we've had a real chance is when Guthrie got forwards.

We need the central midfield further up the pitch