PL this season: Are you enjoying it?

Neil

Bit of a random topic starter. Intrigued to see people's thoughts on the Premierships so far, particularly with regards to the closeness of it all. Are people enjoying the competitiveness, the fact 2 wins can still, going into December, shoot you up 8-9 places? Or do people for whatever reason find it a bit of a pain in the arse?

It's certainly not a case of "anyone can beat anyone", but the sheer inconsistency of most teams is making for a gripping league so far.

Case in point would be Villa - they're 4th, yet have been beaten by struggling teams such as Stoke and Newcastle, Boro (at home), yesterday for example failing to beat Fulham at home, etc.

For me this competition is great to see. Even if it does have me on edge that Everton may be 14th/15th by next Sunday.

Worst season i can remember really, and not just because of Newcastle. I just get the general feeling that the league has more average to shit sides than it has ever had. Even the top 4 look average at times. Just seems like a very very poor season on all accounts.

Guest optimistic nit

Worst season i can remember really, and not just because of Newcastle. I just get the general feeling that the league has more average to shit sides than it has ever had. Even the top 4 look average at times. Just seems like a very very poor season on all accounts.

i think the complete opposite. i think that the teams in the premierleague are better than they ever have been.

Trying to get at the general state of things. I think it's a given for NUFC it's a definite no... or is it that that makes people not enjoy the season generally?

Certainly is for me mate. Its the be all and end all I am afraid.

When we dont win, you couldnt pay me to watch motd let alone sit me down to watch a full game, even a top match with the top 4.

Guest firetotheworks

In general: No

For NUFC: Fuck no.

The only team Ive enjoyed watching this season so far has been Chelsea, and player-wise Zaki.

Its unexpected but not in a good way. A lot of the teams who are surprisingly up there doing alright like Bolton, Fulham and Stoke are still utterly shite and horrible to watch. The sooner the likes of us and spurs (even though I dont like them) start getting results the better, Id rather we were playing nice football and getting results than the aforementioned three with their boring crap. Dont like Spurs but at least when theyre playing well its better than Boltons version of playing well.

Im watcing Villa with interest, but at the same time you wonder what MON's playing at at times. Ashley Youngs crosses tonight were brilliant every single time, yet they didnt play Carew and only drew when it seemed impossible that they wouldnt score.

For NUFC: f*** no.

The only team Ive enjoyed watching this season so far has been Chelsea, and player-wise Zaki.

Its unexpected but not in a good way. A lot of the teams who are surprisingly up there doing alright like Bolton, Fulham and Stoke are still utterly s**** and horrible to watch. The sooner the likes of us and spurs (even though I dont like them) start getting results the better, Id rather we were playing nice football and getting results than the aforementioned three with their boring crap. Dont like Spurs but at least when theyre playing well its better than Boltons version of playing well.

Im watcing Villa with interest, but at the same time you wonder what MON's playing at at times. Ashley Youngs crosses tonight were brilliant every single time, yet they didnt play Carew and only drew when it seemed impossible that they wouldnt score.

"up there" ?

4  points better off than us is hardly  "up there"

Its unexpected but not in a good way. A lot of the teams who are surprisingly up there doing alright like Bolton, Fulham and Stoke are still utterly s**** and horrible to watch. The sooner the likes of us and spurs (even though I dont like them) start getting results the better, Id rather we were playing nice football and getting results than the aforementioned three with their boring crap. Dont like Spurs but at least when theyre playing well its better than Boltons version of playing well.

"up there" ?

But in this current league it is. It's just that it's probably temporary.

"up there" ?

But in this current league it is. It's just that it's probably temporary.

get away !

Guest The Wise Guy

Speaking as a Newcastle supporter, no Im not enjoying it at the moment. We are one place away from the bottom 3 and could slip up after today's matches, so I dont know how anyone could be enjoying it. If we were in Chelsea's or Liverpool position, then we have every reason to enjoy it but definitely not now.

Guest diddimz

Hating it, had our manager and club part ways, owner now selling up, sitting 1 place above relegation. Sure it could be seen as exciting how close everything is, but that makes it all the easier to go down as well

I've lost a lot of my interest in the Premiership this season because the standard of play generally seems to be slipping and it's all becoming far too much like the Scottish Premier League with the same old suspects always at the top. The only highlight to brighten my interest has been the resurgence of Aston Villa, because it shows what we could have had if we'd have got him instead of Roeder. :(

Otherwise, I'm finding this season all a bit dull and uninspiring, especially all the chaos, intrigue and melodrama at St James Park.